swapping a 2.2L into my 1.8L questions???

jbskidude

hey guys i am looking into swapping a 2.2 into my 1995 1.8L Impreza and was told its pretty easy. just was wondering if any one else has done this? i was told everything should match up and it will go back in only changes i will need to make is the down pipe will have to be a new one that onle comes off the engine in one spot (mine comes off from 2 spots) and also i will have to put the intake from the 1.8 on the 2.2L . any one else know anything about this swap and if its really that easy, i prefer not to find out when i go to drop it in that things aren't lining up right.

-=Lobstah=-

should be straight swap. you are going to need a need exhaust manifold, since 1.8 is 2 port and 2.2 is single.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
ur gonna prob have to use the throttle body from the 1.8 on the 2.2, because the iacv is different between them, 1.8 is on the TB and 2.2 is on the mani.... i think that was the only dif last time i did that swap.

the exhaust mani swap depends on what year motor you get. 90-94 2.2 are dual port, SOME 95's are dual port, and all 96-up are single port...

Latest posts

Back