Tabers 2014 WRX Hatch

blehhh

Finally we'll have another beastly GR hatch kicking around. It will pull like crazy compared to stock; you're probably looking at ~100whp gain. 
default_additional_rockon.gif

I'm tuned on a custom map from Eric Minehart (Torqued Performance) with Perrin ELH & uppipe, PW TMIC, GS EBCS, Invidia Catted DP, PTP Lava blanket, stock CBE. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Lezbaru

Finally we'll have another beastly GR hatch kicking around. It will pull like crazy compared to stock; you're probably looking at ~100whp gain. 
default_additional_rockon.gif

I'm tuned on a custom map from Eric Minehart (Torqued Performance) with Perrin ELH & uppipe, PW TMIC, GS EBCS, Invidia Catted DP, PTP Lava blanket, stock CBE. 
I'll be really happy if I can get 310-325awhp out of the stock turbo. My big question at this point is fueling. I really need to talk to a tuner at this point and figure out if I'm going to be ok on the stock fuel system or not.

blehhh

I'll be really happy if I can get 310-325awhp out of the stock turbo. My big question at this point is fueling. I really need to talk to a tuner at this point and figure out if I'm going to be ok on the stock fuel system or not.
You're looking at a fuel pump for sure, and probably injectors too, if you want to get the most out of it.

I have a DeatschWerks DW65c fuel pump (http://cygnusperformance.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=1291&category_id=122), but my stock injectors are pretty much maxed out.  

Lezbaru

So I made some pretty good progress today. I installed-
GFB Hybrid BOV - Set VTA: ~25% / Recirc:~75% - I've always run TIAL BOV's in the past, but I liked the stock fitment option, plus I have a feeling I may be going back to full recirc...
Perrin Turbo Inlet Hose (Dont know why some people say this takes 3+hrs to install. I had prepared myself for a big job, and was pleasantly surprised by how long it took)
TEIN Coilovers - Did not lower the car much right now since its winter, but wanted to get them in, and did take out a little bit of the wheel gap. So far pleased with how the car rides. Will dial in when winter is over.

It was cold as hell out, so my "after" pictures today were not so buenos, and everything is really dirty. I'll get better pictures later.

parkedwrx_zpsebdb15f9.jpg

BOV1_zpsb5faa11b.jpg

intakewinter_zpsf11dccad.jpg

Lezbaru

You're looking at a fuel pump for sure, and probably injectors too, if you want to get the most out of it.

I have a DeatschWerks DW65c fuel pump (http://cygnusperformance.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=1291&category_id=122), but my stock injectors are pretty much maxed out.  
That DeatschWerks pump seems to be what a lot of people are running. I've always used the Bosch 044 Pumps, but on much higher hp projects. that's what I was going to go with, but if that DW pump is working well for people, Ill try that.  Im going to wait a little while to install my uppipe and ewg-setup, headers, downpipe and catback because I want to do that all in one shot. I dont want to drive all the way to get tuned though and not do it without fueling upgrades if I'm going to do it soon-ish anyway. So I need to figure out what injectors someone will want to tune on.

Lezbaru

This is amazing

how do you like the GFB valve? can you still hear it at 25/75?
Yeah, I can definitely hear it still, although its not quite as distinct as a 100% VTA Setup. I tried it at 50% VTA and the car would intermitenty stall  when coming to a stop. I'm sure that by spending more time adjusting the preload on the spring, I could run closer to 50% VTA, but as its freezing cold, and I just wanted to drive home, I set it closer to the 25/75. Honestly, atleast from inside the car. I could not tell an audible difference between 50/50 and 25/75.

Lezbaru

Looking good. You didn't  happen to have a black BRZ for a bit did you?
I had a Carbon Grey BRZ Limited. It was lowered on Koni's with H&R Super Sport Springs, and not quiet (Borla UEL Headers, Perrin Overpipe, Perrin 3" Front Pipe and Perrin BIG 3" Cat Back)

That would be the one I was thinking of, never saw it myself but my brother told me about it. Saw your ads selling your stuff on the 86One FB page. 

How are you liking the WRX over the BRZ?

Lezbaru

That would be the one I was thinking of, never saw it myself but my brother told me about it. Saw your ads selling your stuff on the 86One FB page. 

How are you liking the WRX over the BRZ?

The BRZ and I just had a horrible relationship-

-Installed Sport Springs at 600miles - Stock Rear Shocks were junk ... did not like Springs, horrible internal noise. Didnt believe they could be bad, so I rechecked install a million times. Finally hooked up bionic ears to prove it to myself...

-At 1000 miles, I had a guy with an unsecured trashcan in the back of his truck infront of me on the highway. Trashcan flew out, right into my bumper ... I was in traffic so I had nowhere to go. = New Bumper #1

-At 2000 miles, a guy blows by me at ~85mph in a 55mph zone, then decides he needs the exit we're passing, slams on his brakes and just cuts infront of me ... I manuever to reduce the impact, still tore off my front bumper, but no other damage = new bumper #2

-Only accident I've ever been in

-At 4000 miles started developing injector seal intake pop

-At 5000 I started getting a horrible rattling noise, that would go away when the clutch pedal was depressed ... sounded like TO bearing to me.

Anyway, so far I love my WRX. 4100 miles and no issues. This car is ridiculously easy to work on, and I dont worry about excessive costs if something fails.

Lezbaru

So I finally have an appointment at Kinetic May 27th for Injector Install, pump install and dyno tune. Mike at Kinetic recommended going with the 1000cc Injectors, so that's what I'm going with!

Nice, I think you pulled up behind my impreza on sunday in Bath getting onto congress street. If so you had my cousin freaking out making sure he didn't stall.

Lezbaru

So I made it down to Kinetic Motor Works Today:

DynoTune1052714_zps426784e9.jpg

Car feels good. I'm pleased with the power for a stock turbo. They use a Land and Sea Dyno

List of current mods:
Process West TMIC
GFB BOV
Cobb Intake 
Perrin Turbo Inlet Pipe
Tomei Headers and UpPipe
Invidia Turbo Back Exhaust

DW Pump

ID 1000 Injectors

Latest posts

Back