td05 16g?

Nicklepage1010

I could get a Brand new waystar TD05 Big 16G for very cheap. i was wondering if i could just bolt this on with a walboro pump, and STi pinks, and leave my UTEC mapped to stage2? As long as i keep it out of boost a whole lot id be okay till i brought it to HAVE it tuned right? i was just under the impression the 02-03 had a different fuel distribution system.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
i agree, your maf calibration may be off because it may not be ranged high enough. and i'm not sure about your year subaru, but changing injector size also needs to be tuned for. going bigger without tuning is gunna dump a ton of fuel though your engine and out your exhaust.

to be completely honest nick, i would email bren or whoever you would have tune it, and ask for a limp map a week or two prior to having it tuned, and in that time span install those parts, that way you wont damage your engine.

TheNailman

Warcock
the pinks and the walbro would be fine with that turbo. . .. with the right tune. which an off the shelf stg 2 is not.

and when considering a turbo, if it sounds too good to be true......

put good parts on, get good results.

Nicklepage1010

Alright, thanks guys!

The only reason it was so cheap is because my friends going through a divorce, and he needed to sell a bunch of stuff fast.

This is the setup I'll go with then, I'll just buy the stuff and let it collect dust till I have time to get it tuned, cause who doesn't like having boxes of shiny cool stuff in their house, right?
default_tongue.png

Nicklepage1010

Hmmm...

Id really like to get a good name brand turbo though. You usually get what you pay for.

you're right in hampden? i might have to check your ride out asap man!

Latest posts

Back