The fun of trying to sell your car privately

Car Whore

We've all been there.

Dealing with the kid that wants your car, you send pics, you answer his stupid questions ("So, how long do you think the motor will last?" Oh, I would say around another 12,456 miles, give or take a few........ :dontknow:), he lowballs you because he doesn't actually have any money to buy it with, and thinks he'll be able to beg,borrow or steal that much in a few days, you refuse the lowball politely, he says "Well, nevermind then." You tell him to meet you in a dark parking lot, you beat him senseless with a baseball bat, you drag his body into the woods and set it on fire, you appear on the news as a fugitive, you flee the country,etc,etc.....

You know, the usual.

Car Whore

Well, this was the Integra, but the M3 is for sale,too. I have to move by April, so I'm planning ahead. $9k for both!!!!

Rightseat

so...ok, how long do you think the M3 motor will last?

I can offer $4400 for it, but won't have the money until a couple of other business deals happen

so I want dibs ok

when do you want to meet, I'll bring some goons, I mean buddies and we'll check out the Beemer dood. :headbang:

seriously tho, what are details on M3?

Tyler

....but I did buy this! ;D ;D ;D ;D

a9c849be49c6a15325cd46c0a4d9c9230_large.jpg

3b980ee8e3b35d9bc74dd3d0a99838760_large.jpg

d40cf1c765ffdfc0455a8078586ce37e0_large.jpg

d096c3bffff34f787e8d9d5ad62c03960_large.jpg

cabf144ffd25c243b1f84273d7a9c8990_large.jpg

1995 M3,black on black leather with "Vader" sports seats,AC Schnitzer suspension, front and rear strut braces,performance chip (not sure if it's Schnitzer or not yet), cold air intake,catback exhaust,new Kumho SPT tires,160k miles but engine has 92k on it (owner's son drove it and "money-shifted" into 1st instead of 3rd)......I am in love.

The lady I bought it from was very nice, but was the second owner and wasn't exactly sure on the performance parts. She just said it had the AC Schnitzer Performance Package on it. It had a Schnitzer badge on the trunk (that I've removed already), and the strut braces and exhaust are Schnitzer,but the intake is an Autothority piece,and I'm not sure on the chip yet. I guess the Schnitzer chip is rare in the US, so I've been told it's more likely a Dinan or Conforti from Bavarian Autosport or Turner Motorsports. Whatever it is, it works! DAMN!! This car pulls,and sounds amazing.

I took a look under the car, and could see Bilsteins, but I'm not sure on the springs. It sits really low. I have to be careful driving it, but the ride isn't that bad. I need to fix a couple of stupid little electrical things like the passenger door not unlocking with the central locking system,and the driver's window doing weird things when I try to put it up, but otherwise it is in great shape. I'm still amazed that I actually own this car!

Car Whore

^^^Bingo...thanks.

Since I've had it, I've replaced the strut mounts, tie rods, rear wheel bearings, new Kumho Ecsta SPTs,gone to black kidney grilles and the wheels are dark grey now. It also has a 318is badge on the trunk. I removed the old stock radio, and right now it has the M3 Lightweight delete panel, but I'm gonna take the new Kenwood unit out of the Integra and swap it in.

I think I'm moving to England in April, so I'll have to sell both cars. I LOVE the M3, so I would be keeping it otherwise, but if all goes well, I can buy a euro-spec M3 Evo with 321hp or something similarly cool. Hell, I probably won't even be able to afford a car there, but at least I'll be able to see them in person!

So, yeah, the 'teg needs a head gasket I THINK. If I wasn't saving money for the trip, I would fix it and then sell, but right now $1200 takes it as-is. It is seriously rust-free, and that's kinda tough with Hondas of that age.

The M3, I owe a lot on it, but I would definitely take $9k or something close for it. If anyone is serious, please PM me. I figure I'll have to drive it for the next 2 months, but if I could sell it I would just find a beater for the rest of the time.

akinaspeedstar

want!!!!! but as mentioned i don't have the money till my car is paid off and i don't have anyplace to put it. but i will be keeping an eye on that car just in case i get my promotion.

Geist

Same as everyone else with their head on straight, I wish I could afford to take that M3 off your hands. :angry4:

Good luck w/ the sale.

Latest posts

Back