The FWD coupe.

turbowgn

Nice!! looking better already.. so you're all set on title ?
Thanks dude! And yeah im all set on the title. Its registered and inspected. Soon to be all wheel drive too. Considering putting in a 2.5 short block and make some decent n/a hp.

Last edited by a moderator:

scoobiesforlife

2.5 dohc makes about 165hp stock, that's what i had in my 98 outback, pretty goot for a 4600 pound car
default_tongue.png
might still be interested in those 14's if your ever willing to part with them

turbowgn

2.5 dohc makes about 165hp stock, that's what i had in my 98 outback, pretty goot for a 4600 pound car
default_tongue.png
might still be interested in those 14's if your ever willing to part with them
I think their 15's but once I swap in awd I will sell them. I want a 2.5 shortblock and 2.2 heads lol 180 crank hp high compression... maybe add delta grind cams and tune it a bit and see what kind of power can be made.

scoobiesforlife

ive got a rear pair of kyb gr-2 with eibach springs, complete, exact mileage is unknown but look maybe 6 months old with the way the coloration is

that is if your interested in having a stiff rear end

turbowgn

ive got a rear pair of kyb gr-2 with eibach springs, complete, exact mileage is unknown but look maybe 6 months old with the way the coloration is

that is if your interested in having a stiff rear end
We will see, I have to get the AWD swap done first then I will think about suspension

Put in the 99 crystal clear headlights, also painted the grille but that was after this pic was taken

turbowgn

lookin good, still jealous of the hood
default_tongue.png
any thoughts of the price of the rims and tires when you do end up selling them?
I wont want much haha maybe like 75 bucks. I have the whole 99 parts car. I'm contemplating on what to do with the engine in it. Might rebuild it and swap my car to the phase 2 2.2 and wiring. My OBS had the phase 2 2.2 and it ran a hell of a lot better. Only reason I'd rebuild it is it has 270k on it lol doesn't make a tick tho. 

turbowgn

Going to retire this car once I find one that is rust free. Tried to start attacking the rust today and it's too far gone. Still an excellent beater car tho.

turbowgn

How bad is it?

My RS was pretty bad, but I fixed it with 0 welding experience going into it.
Its just about as bad.. check it out. I watched a few videos on Youtube that seem to have good instructions on how to weld in new sheet metal. Lucky for me I have the parts car to cut sheet metal out of. 

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
That isn't bad at all. Any GC chassis is going to look like that unless you drive many miles to go find one.

Get some GC front fenders and use them to make patch panels. If you don't have a mig find someone with one and boogerweld in the patch panels. I'd offer to do it for you, but I'm booked with other jobs up until year end.

turbowgn

That isn't bad at all. Any GC chassis is going to look like that unless you drive many miles to go find one.

Get some GC front fenders and use them to make patch panels. If you don't have a mig find someone with one and boogerweld in the patch panels. I'd offer to do it for you, but I'm booked with other jobs up until year end.
Yeah that's probably what I'll wind up doing. About a month ago I picked up a Lincoln Electric pro core 125 mig welder. I have my parts car I can use the front fenders from. I was going to give them to Rick for the RS but they aren't worth putting on so I guess they will be donors!

turbowgn

Upon further inspecting the under carriage I'm going to just patch the rot hole and drive it for now. Too much rust for me to want to deal with. Going to put money away for a cleaner car.. maybe find one with a blown motor and just put one of my two motors in it. 

turbowgn

Spun a rod bearing 
default_additional_oops.gif
  which is unfortunate because I was going to put the short block from this in the Outback I bought. Anyone out there have a good 2.2 short block? I've never seen a 2.2 spin a rod bearing before. 

turbowgn

Bought my Christmas present yesterday (I won't say the price because it was more than I wanted to spend), if this coupe needs a rebuild it's going to get one now! 

It's a Snap On digital torque wrench, so many different features that I cant list them all. It will also come in handy to get the outback running.

Latest posts

Back