The Official Craigslist Thread

scubiecraig

Jim should sell that Impreza to his son Tyler.  Then he'd have 2 Subies and they could keep it in the yard... unless of course, that's why he's selling it... to make more room in the driveway.

SUBARUDE

89 VW Vangon Syncro Westfalia - $35000 (Heber, UT)

It's time to let it go! 1989 Vanagon Syncro Westy 2.5 Subaru for sale. Great fun vehicle. Runs and drives great. 120K miles on the body. Less than 5,000 since conversion to Subaru power and major transmission rebuild. Locking differential, power mirrors, A/C. Tons of major work done recently. Lots of money invested into this fine van. I am selling because we are moving cross country and need to buy a house.

2.5l 2009 Subaru engine with only 14k miles on it. The newer Subaru engines are less prone to head gasket failures. Fresh timing/ drive belts.

Conversion was done with Smallcar.com parts, including a full bellhousing adapter, new clutch, pressure plate, stainless header and stainless J-pipe. This is a $13,000 conversion.

Removed and re-sealed gas tank while engine and transmission were out.

Rebuilt transmission. Was rebuilt by Bill at AZ transaxle. He also added some modifications including the expensive and hard to find brand new ring and pinion gear, South African oiling plates, improved 3-4 slider hub, mainshaft bearing retainer, stainless steel/anodized aluminum locker rod assembly, and of course all new German bearings, seals, and syncros. $3000 rebuild.

New viscous coupler (4x4 works great on and off road)

New upgraded slip yoke driveshaft. About 3 or 4 years old. Smooth, no vibrations.

New 2 stage window-out paint job. I opted for the more expensive paint. The body had some dents and dings that were filled. It's not show room condition but it looks really, really good! The color is awesome. New decals.

Body had some minor seam rust which was treated properly. Rust was ground out, the seams were treated with a special chemical, primed with 2 part epoxy primer, sealed with 3m automotive seam sealer, then primed, painted, and clear coated. I am confident the rust will not return for a very long time (if ever). The inside behind the fridge was also treated.

Side windows were tinted to 5% while they were out. Rear window is tinted to 20%

I did the tint myself. I can't say it's perfect but it does look really good.

New trim-less window seals all around

New windshield

New front blower.

New rear shocks

Interior is in very good condition. New carpet.

Curtains, pads, and mattress covers were all removed and cleaned.

Aux battery and aux battery disconnect kit installed

Key-in mod for radio, wired to aux battery. Listen to radio all weekend without turning the key on. Will not kill the main battery.

New cd player with aux input and new antenna from gowesty.com.

Power inverter installed for your 120v electronics

Yakima roof racks

16 inch wheels improve handling and off road performance. BFG tires at about 40% life.

A/C is converted to the Subaru compressor. A/C system was flushed out, vacuumed, and charged with es12a refrigerant (like Red-Tek) New reciever/drier. As of now the A/C seems to be working pretty good. (for a Vanagon)

Custom rear bumper with heavy duty swing away tire + gas can carrier and tow hitch.

New utility connections. Upgraded gowesty design is much better than the stock ones.

White gauge faces with modified 6k rpm tach.

Much more!

-I will be as honest as possible about this van. There are some minor issues-

Temp gauge reads high. Actually it reads very high. I have confirmed that the

engine is operating at normal temp. (around 190 degrees) needs a resistor to make it more accurate.

The clock does not light up.

The original tent has some tears. It's probably patchable, but should probably just be replaced.

Fridge was removed and serviced but it doesn't want to light on gas. Works good on 12v and will make ice cubes on 120v.

Tripometer sometimes doesn't work.

Since the van was Canadian the odometer is in KPH. I put a MPH face plate on it, but because of differences in how the speedo works (combined with larger tires) the speedo reads slow. 25Mph really means 30mph, 55mph really means 65mph. I got used to it, it's not that bad.

The rear springs sag a bit due to the extra weight of the bumper/engine. I have a new set of GoWesty 2" lift springs but decided that the SmallCar ones would be better (they are specifically designed to carry the extra weight) Spring spacers would also work. I figured i'd let the new owner decide what they want.

Since the paint job a small dent appeared on the driver's door :-( It's about the size of a half dollar, probably fixable at a good body shop.

As far as I know these are the only issues with the van.

I've been monitoring the value of these vans for months now. Of the 30+ I've seen the average price of these vans is around 37,000 in ALL conditions, with the nicer ones 45k and up

I want $35,000. Since it does have some minor issues I might be willing to negotiate, or I will keep working on it and ask for the full 35k. Make on offer! call Brian 603-571-0009 van is located in Heber City, Utah.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3797840778.html

sooch

Type-RA
http://maine.craigslist.org/bar/3714023294.html sad car
default_frown.gif

Latest posts

Back