The Official MS Bike Talk Thread - motors need not apply

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
new bike toys are here, now time to get everything installed and take a test ride.

I threw down for a new saddle too. I got the Selle Italia NT1 Gel. My buddy had one like this in college and I loved it.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
well I am a damn superstar tonight. got one faulty tube (stem not sealed) and the other was punctured when my new tire lever shattered. awesome. anyone know where I can get a 26x2.5 tube for saturday? Nashbar is replacing everything, but I have no idea if it will get here in time.

ShagginWagon

well I am a damn superstar tonight. got one faulty tube (stem not sealed) and the other was punctured when my new tire lever shattered. awesome. anyone know where I can get a 26x2.5 tube for saturday? Nashbar is replacing everything, but I have no idea if it will get here in time.
Any bike store will have them, or Mike or I can help you out. What valve type? I accidentally bought some schrader valve tubes a couple of months ago that you can have.

I am sadly not going to make cranksgiving- have to go to a funeral Saturday
default_biggrin.png

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Any bike store will have them, or Mike or I can help you out. What valve type? I accidentally bought some schrader valve tubes a couple of months ago that you can have.

I am sadly not going to make cranksgiving- have to go to a funeral Saturday
default_biggrin.png

Sorry to hear about the Funeral Ted.

I managed to find a patch kit that had cement still. so I have it patched and rideable. So I will throw in a spare for the ride in case it gives out. All of my stuff is Presta unfortunately, but I just remembered I have fattie tubes in my DH bike as well that I could have used if it came down to it. So I am good now, thank you though.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikebike357

It's Ted with the funeral... not me thankfully. Sorry to hear Ted.

I'm probably not going to make Cranksgiving either only because I have way too much to do since I accomplished nothing this past weekend. Bummer.

I have 4 or 5 26" tubes. Now that I ride a tubeless 29er, I really don't have much use for them.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I guess that is what I get for skimming.

So I am the only one showing? *sigh* oh well should be fun anyway.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
well I finished cranksgiving. I rode with a slow group and got super held up at Trader Joe's. But I wasn't last, and actually made it up Munjoy hill with a load of food on a SS MTb. I didn't think I would have done as well. When we all finished (19 riders) there were two shopping carts full of food going to the food bank. I had a messenger bag full.

ShagginWagon

well I finished cranksgiving. I rode with a slow group and got super held up at Trader Joe's. But I wasn't last, and actually made it up Munjoy hill with a load of food on a SS MTb. I didn't think I would have done as well. When we all finished (19 riders) there were two shopping carts full of food going to the food bank. I had a messenger bag full.
That is awesome! Good job!

This is definitely on my 'ta do' list for next year.

Thanks for representin!

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
It was a good time. I am glad I hooked up with the group as they were from the area and knew how to get everywhere. I would have been much slower trying to find my way. but Trader Joes really killed me. 30min to check out with 4 cans. grr.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I hear you man. we will just send the wimenz out with the childrenz. Fortunately my wife had errands to run around Portland.

mikebike357

nice one Pedro... I really wanted to do it but momma was out with one kid and the other was sleeping. Ended up just pulling the snowtires out of the basement, putting the deck furniture away, etc. Winter prep.

Trader Joes is a zoo. Was it a requirement to stop there?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
It was a required stop. I ended up getting a few more cans since the line extened out to where the canned goods were sitting.

mikebike357

If you're lookin to save some $$ or get some cheap xmas presents... on www.y1009.com they're doing a 50/50 gift certificate sale. You can get one for Gorham Bike. $50 cert for $28.75 (they add $3.75 for shipping). Limit one per customer unless you clear your cookies or use a different browser (not that i'd do that...)

There's one for Allspeed too if you want a half off Mongoose mountain bike ($750)

Last edited by a moderator:

mikebike357

Pedro - you still looking for a road bike? A friend of mine is selling his older (2003/2004ish?)Giant road bike. It's pretty nice, carbon.

mikebike357

how many pesos? and what size?
3,016.57* Pesos for the frame, fork, stem, bars & seatpost.

Giant TCR Comp 2004 HealthNet Team Bike

Size Medium

I thought he was sellin' the whole shebang... so it looks like some additional bits would need to be added.

*$250

mikebike357

I might add that the Giant Medium frame fits a WIDE range. I ride a 2006 Giant TCR in the Medium/Long framesize and love it. But I know shorter folk who also ride a staight up Medium that are my height and much shorter.

Latest posts

Back