The Official MS Bike Talk Thread - motors need not apply

i-wagon

Busted out the schwinn today and did 6 miles through puddles and weaving in traffic. Anyone else getting their rides ready for spring?

saabaru

Mountain bike still has the trailer attached, doubt it will come off this summer... Might have to take up road biking, the Bianchi has not seen sun in 2 years....

mikebike357

Gorham Bike & Ski is having a sale on studded tires (now that the season is pretty much over). Tires are $29.99. Screamin' deal for studs from a local bike shop.

I bought my Continental SpikeClaw's from Amazon.com in the middle of the summer for around $35/tire.

Went for a ride last weekend on the SoPo/Cape trails. Started off wondering where my rear brake lever was... turns out, the clamp cracked over the winter. Snugged it up and it made it until I biffed hard on glare ice. Snapped the lever right off. Oh well. Should've ridden the bike w/ the studs. The 29er did fine though on all but glare ice.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikebike357

Mardens bike sale is ON. Better hustle though.

Buddy of mine picked up a 2011 Trek 6000 for $590. Not bad. Not the greatest, lightest bike but it's a good start. Avid Juicy hydro brakes, Tora fork, SRAM x.5 drivetrain. They had a ton of 26" mountain bikes and a lot of hybrid bikes.

mikebike357

mardens.. like 'should'a bought it when I saw it' Mardens?
Yeah...

marden.jpg

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
We all (those who know what a subaru is made for, at least) love getting our subies covered in mud. Then washing them off.

What about yourself and your mountain bike?!

Where do you all do your mountain bike trail riding?

It would be cool to have a muddy bike meet.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Someone stole my mt bike at school. Twice.
default_frown.gif
Get them on here, and we can go riding! ha.

I had a bike that got stolen a few times, and I always stole it back...

If someone steals my current bike, they might find their balls missing. I love this bike.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I used to ride all the time. I've had a couple nice bikes too. Used to do mostly single track, and breaking trail through the woods as well. I miss it, but like any hobby, it was expensive!! I was as hard on bikes as I have been with my off road cars, and the bikes often didn't hold up as well!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
My uncle wins lots of bike races and stuff. He was the NJ state champion mountain bike rider for a couple years. So he has lots of parts. I just call him and say I broke something and he sends me a box of parts. So that means I have a lot of spare parts. So when I break something I just put a new something on, and it's good to go.

Most of the stuff he sends me is really nice parts too, just used. So I run them till they drop.

Last edited by a moderator:

saabaru

Used to ride all the time. Portland Trails, Cape/SoPo, etc. But 2 kids makes it hard. Need to get out more.. My bike now has a trailer to tow my daughter around

Latest posts

Back