The unofficial GUN talk thread

brighton

Rally Fluffer
I am FAR from an expert, but I suggest looking at...... Smith&Wesson M&Pc, Springfield XDc, if you can find one maybe the new Smith M&P Shield. I don't know the models, but there are a couple of smallish Glocks also.

http://best9mm.com/

http://best9mm.com/compact9mm.html
^ Agreed.

IMHO of course:

Go to your local gun shop and handle a bunch or different models. You shouldn't buy a gun because of how cheap it is or because someone told you to buy it. It's what feel the most comfortable to YOU and YOU alone. If you are going to be using it to protect yourself or your family, make sure it's exactly what you are looking for. If Money becomes he issue, just wait a bit longer so you can afford what fits you.

I myself carry the Spring Field XD that's what fit me the best , my wife carry's a Bersa 380, that's what fits her. . But I know the M&P and SR9 were runners up. I have never held a Glock that I liked the feel of for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamey

^ Agreed.

IMHO of course:

Go to your local gun shop and handle a bunch or different models. You shouldn't buy a gun because of how cheap it is or because someone told you to buy it. It's what feel the most comfortable to YOU and YOU alone. If you are going to be using it to protect yourself or your family, make sure it's exactly what you are looking for. If Money becomes he issue, just wait a bit longer so you can afford what fits you.

I myself carry the Spring Field XD that's what fit me the best , my wife carry's a Bersa 380, that's what fits her. . But I know the M&P and SR9 were runners up. I have never held a Glock that I liked the feel of for me.
I had a glock great gun but very uncomfortable to conceal. I went cabellas ther had a sigma that was on sale , good reason I guess very bulky and uncomfortable to hold

brighton

Rally Fluffer
I had a glock great gun but very uncomfortable to conceal. I went cabellas ther had a sigma that was on sale , good reason I guess very bulky and uncomfortable to hold
I read the the Sigma has a LOT of problems. Maybe S&W has fixed them.

Also, I have a Ruger LC9 for the summer. It's got a crazy long trigger pull, But it's "smallish":, 9mm with 7 rounds per mag. I also have a horsehide IWB holster that does help with moister.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mighty Subie

I have a Springfield XD. I love it. They are making a narrower XD now. A single stack 45 that's under 1 inch wide. Less rounds but concealed easier.

Best advice so far has been to go handle them. Ktp has a great selection if you ever make it there.

smelt240

Ive been working on a trade....my 1928 Thompson for a NICE spas-12,only thing wrong with the SPAS is the J hook is missing off the folding stock...I hope this deal goes thru. He got a bid on gunbroker,but is interested in mine more than the $1250 right now....fingers crossed.

Jamey

f5574163.jpg

e1a14cd1.jpg
new carry
default_smile.png

smelt240

There you go! Those Taurus handguns have come a LONG way,from when they first started... How big is that compared to say a 1911 officers model? I haven't seen one in person yet..

smelt240

Nice! Looks easy to carry,plus everything Ive read,and heard from my uncle (who has been selling guns for over 35 years) says these things are great. The quality is pretty hard to believe,considering their prices... I looked into their 1911,its got a lot of features you would find on a custom 1911,for less than a standard Colt. You will have to come to our "range" sometime!

Jamey

Nice! Looks easy to carry,plus everything Ive read,and heard from my uncle (who has been selling guns for over 35 years) says these things are great. The quality is pretty hard to believe,considering their prices... I looked into their 1911,its got a lot of features you would find on a custom 1911,for less than a standard Colt. You will have to come to our "range" sometime!
sounds like a plan , you got any ideas were to find a conceal iwb holster for this

smelt240

Well,we see who has all the cash now-new powdercoated wheels,new pistol,new holster....new STI next??? Seriously though,we will be doing some "mass quantities of lead projectiles being transfered downrange" in the next few weekends. Once the warm gets here,I have a few that need to be tuned that Ive built over the winter. We always would get together beforehand,so everybody knows whats coming for weapons,then you can do a you buy it (the ammo)-you try it (the gun) deal. Good way to get the feel of a bunch of stuff that you would not normally be able to try out. I usually have a few people go in on a box of .50ae's,some AK ammo,and LOTS of .223....

Jamey

Well,we see who has all the cash now-new powdercoated wheels,new pistol,new holster....new STI next??? Seriously though,we will be doing some "mass quantities of lead projectiles being transfered downrange" in the next few weekends. Once the warm gets here,I have a few that need to be tuned that Ive built over the winter. We always would get together beforehand,so everybody knows whats coming for weapons,then you can do a you buy it (the ammo)-you try it (the gun) deal. Good way to get the feel of a bunch of stuff that you would not normally be able to try out. I usually have a few people go in on a box of .50ae's,some AK ammo,and LOTS of .223....
hahah ,this is why I work two jobs 80+ hrs
default_smile.png
just bought a wrx header and that shall end my money spending on car for awhile , how far are you from hollis center? deff interested in throwing a lot of lead
default_biggrin.png

smelt240

Well,were nice and close,or well...no, not really close to Hollis Center at all. We are about centered between Lewiston,Augusta,and Topsham. Im thinking we can get around 20 people down there,set up some friendly competitions,maybe have a BBQ/few beers at the house after,its a 1 minute drive to the field... As long as others play the same,Im fine with people buying a box or 2 of ammo,and letting them try out my toys,the Desert eagle is the only one I dont shoot (or let others shoot) a whole lot,but its fun to bring it out every now & then to play. I can try to get a few local guys to bring out their fun toys as well. I should still have the .50 Noreen here at that time,it makes for some fun at 300 yards,pretty hard to miss. I have a few other tricks that come out every once in a while, Id need to know roughly how many people to expect,then we could set a day in stone.

Back