The unofficial GUN talk thread

smelt240

Im back!!! Got a different browser...If anybody is still up for a BBQ-shootathon,I can set it up! Right now,300yds is doable,the grass is short again. I live less than 2 mins from the shooting area,with a large backyard BBQ area. 3 picnic tables for sitting,one for cooking,should have the smoker fired up again in a couple weeks.Fire pit,pond for fireworks shooting..whole 9 yards. I planned on doing one more party this year anyway,maybe say 2 weeks from this saturday? Litchfield fair is next weekend,too many people walking around to be down behind there shooting (range is right across from the fairgrounds). Make it take the afternoon,and light off some fireworks at dark?? How many would be up for this? Fireworks are 40% off in Manchester this weekend. I also have a fairly decent small shop,with a workbench for any gun repairs etc... Located in Litchfield,centered between Brunswick,Lewiston,and Augusta.

Nate

Founding Father
I'm in Smelt... I've shot in that field before too. I know right where it is. Still need trucks to drive in?

MuddyWRX

Does anyone offer a good handgun course? Now that I have the time I want to do everything I can at getting better. And practice more too, of course.

Viago

Certified NRA Instructor
Does anyone offer a good handgun course? Now that I have the time I want to do everything I can at getting better. And practice more too, of course.
I know a greate guy, but he is located in Hermon. www.dgfirearms.com

Thinking about selling my Walther and buying another Glock. 22 this time I think.
what price would you be selling it for? is it the P22?

Im back!!! Got a different browser...If anybody is still up for a BBQ-shootathon,I can set it up! Right now,300yds is doable,the grass is short again. I live less than 2 mins from the shooting area,with a large backyard BBQ area. 3 picnic tables for sitting,one for cooking,should have the smoker fired up again in a couple weeks.Fire pit,pond for fireworks shooting..whole 9 yards. I planned on doing one more party this year anyway,maybe say 2 weeks from this saturday? Litchfield fair is next weekend,too many people walking around to be down behind there shooting (range is right across from the fairgrounds). Make it take the afternoon,and light off some fireworks at dark?? How many would be up for this? Fireworks are 40% off in Manchester this weekend. I also have a fairly decent small shop,with a workbench for any gun repairs etc... Located in Litchfield,centered between Brunswick,Lewiston,and Augusta.
To far for me...sorry guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

smelt240

Any Subaru unless its lowered a lot can get in fine. I tore my shooting bench down,so I can get everything I need in without a truck. A big plus would be a good spotting scope,if anyone has one. If we end up doing it all--after shooting BBQ/beers,we would need a decent idea on a number of people,so i can have it ready. I have a tub of beer now,plus half a keg of Boston Lager,left over from last weekend,but my annual "protest the fair" party will put a hurt on that Im sure. Once we have a number,we can figure out the 2nd half.

edit: just to be sure,if we do the BBQ/beers,someone to be DDs would be a good idea. We have a huge area to keep cars overnight,no problem,but I know my car isn't the best for sleeping one off in...

Viago

Certified NRA Instructor
Its a ppk-s 380. I have 4 factory mags 300 rounds of ammo and 2 holsters $375
that is a good deal. Wish i had the $ for it. Im going to Bangor's gun show on the 8th. maybe you could take it there.

they sell for 500-600 on gb without all that.

I am selling my Ruger Redhawk 44 mag stainless 7 1/2" barrel with houg grip, box, manual, plastic ruger gun wrap, and a drop legg holster. im bringing it to the gunshow to see what i could trade it/sell it for.

Jamey

I have a savage arms model 19 looking for 250 b/ o

74438F29-ADED-454D-84D5-D24CC21A74C9-3202-00000282292D296D.jpg

Nate

Founding Father
Snapping pics of me while I'm not looking... Creepy

inski

Holy F***! Nate has a bald spot. Thanks Garret for posting that pic! Sexy pair of ARs too.

Smelt, i'd be in for a get together except for Sept is already clogged up for me.

Nate

Founding Father
Garrett is just mad because I was making him look bad. My trigger might have helped me group really nicely. Possibly better then a gun with a magnified scope... Haha.

Nate

Founding Father
And no Jamey I haven't heard of a golden Antler scope. But tasco is more of a "budget" brand. How's it work?

Latest posts

Back