The unofficial GUN talk thread

inski

call Brian at Up in Arms in Windham.  He's there open most evenings.

also, Bravo Co. has super fast shipping if you have to order one.

Nate

Founding Father
Yah, I'm sure I'll end up ordering one, I just placed a big order of stuff for a current build, and forgot to order one. I thought I would ask around first before I buy a $7 barrel nut, and pay $6 shipping. Haha.

smelt240

Has anybody on here tried the Para Ordnance Warthog yet?   Its a really nice piece. It is definately not as comfortable as my USP, but this thing would fit in a front pocket, and holds 10 rds of .45, plus you can get bigger magazines.  Im going to do some upgrades, night sights and maybe a trigger, and duracoat it in a dark satin green or something like that with gold lettering.  I have quite a lot of .45 semi wadcutter lead rounds to fire off, mostly for practice, but I want the brass so i can reload another bunch of XTPs. 

I also picked up a set of dies for my .50AE, with a pile of brass, and some lead bullets, that i wont be using, my Desert Eagle is a gas operated pistol, and its black chrome, really dont want to grime it all up with lead.. Any of you reloaders do rounds for a .500 Smith? I have 250 round nose lead bullets that id trade for something I can use, otherwise, we will melt them into .45ACPs...

And last, I have some brass.   Paper shopping bag half full of 30/30, probably 40-50 lbs or so, good sized bag of .380, and probably 400 rds of 30-06, plus some smaller quantities of others, some weatherby mags, 7mm mag, trade for other stuff I can use.

inski

Haha!  That would be sad but my wife paid for most of mine.  Love her.
default_biggrin.png

Smelt, I had a Para 1911 for a while.  That thing was a work horse. Never stopped for anything, and it had a very nice trigger pull despite being plastic.  I suspect the Warthog is a work horse too.  My only bitch about my Para was the finish on the frame.  Some sort of coating or paint and it was chipping off.  Then I sold it.

Save that brass.  I might need some down the road some day.  Or, use it as trade in at Freedom Munitions.  http://www.freedommunitions.com/Brass-Credit-Program-s/48072.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

trade?

Kahr CW45 with 2 mags, 2 boxes of fmj ammo, Galco King-tuk holster which I dont use much anymore, and the Hornady hollow points I keep in the mags.

FYI peeps,

In the next 2 months I'll be moving some guns to try and gear up for Cowboy action (single action .357 revolvers) competitions, and to get into a G26/27 or S&W Shield 9/40 or a g19 or 17gen4 and if all goes well I'll try for a Mossberg 930 or Rem1100 Tac.

*2011 Savage Edge/Axis  30-06 with a Redfield scope. $300-ish

*2013 Kahr CW45 w/2 mags           $300-ish

*1916 Sporterized Spanish Mauser (rebarrelled in the 1950s?) .308  $200-ish

*2012 Remington 870 with 2 barrels, extended mag tube, adjustable stock. $450-ish if I can sell some of the other stuff and find a deal on a Moss 930 TAC or Rem1100 TAC.  So, the 870 is back burner for now.

Also, considering AR upper assembly trades, in 5.56/.223 or 6.8spc

Jamey

I don't get it.. what happened this time?

Thoughts on just replacing them completely?
just like the last one stopped glowing I bet money one they sent was a reman worked when I put gun in safe few days later it didn't , I may buy a new set

Nate

Founding Father
I feel bad about that whole problem. If you do decide to swap them out, let me know, I can get you some sights and the install well be at no charge.

Jamey

trade?

Kahr CW45 with 2 mags, 2 boxes of fmj ammo, Galco King-tuk holster which I dont use much anymore, and the Hornady hollow points I keep in the mags.

FYI peeps,

In the next 2 months I'll be moving some guns to try and gear up for Cowboy action (single action .357 revolvers) competitions, and to get into a G26/27 or S&W Shield 9/40 or a g19 or 17gen4 and if all goes well I'll try for a Mossberg 930 or Rem1100 Tac.

*2011 Savage Edge/Axis 30-06 with a Redfield scope. $300-ish

*2013 Kahr CW45 w/2 mags $300-ish

*1916 Sporterized Spanish Mauser (rebarrelled in the 1950s?) .308 $200-ish

*2012 Remington 870 with 2 barrels, extended mag tube, adjustable stock. $450-ish if I can sell some of the other stuff and find a deal on a Moss 930 TAC or Rem1100 TAC. So, the 870 is back burner for now.

Also, considering AR upper assembly trades, in 5.56/.223 or 6.8spc
I'd have to try it I've heard it has quiet the recoil and I have big hands I like the full handle

smelt240

Haha!  That would be sad but my wife paid for most of mine.  Love her.
default_biggrin.png

Smelt, I had a Para 1911 for a while.  That thing was a work horse. Never stopped for anything, and it had a very nice trigger pull despite being plastic.  I suspect the Warthog is a work horse too.  My only bitch about my Para was the finish on the frame.  Some sort of coating or paint and it was chipping off.  Then I sold it.

Save that brass.  I might need some down the road some day.  Or, use it as trade in at Freedom Munitions.  http://www.freedommunitions.com/Brass-Credit-Program-s/48072.htm
 I had a P13 for a while, never really got into it.  I like the Warthog a lot better, but yeah, the finish on both was garbage. Luckily I dont have a lot in it. So the cost of the Duracoat wont hurt so bad.  Ill do some before, during and after the coating pics when i get the courage up to put it in the blasting cabinet.

Nate

Founding Father
Almost finished up with another AR15 build.  Just waiting on a couple things from the UPS man to complete it. The barrel and front sight mostly. I'll also be adding a different 9" rail, this Troy VTAC is already spoken for on my 10.5" SBR build.  I'm waiting on my tax stamp to show up for that.  Should be any day now.

Went with more high end AR15 pistol build this time.  Pictured (used):

Seekins Precision SP223 billet ambi lower and billet upper

Magpul grip, and 40 round mag

Diamondhead Premium sights

PWS pistol buffer tube

Noveske KX3 flash hider

BAD ambi safety

Seekins Mag release, bolt catch

BCM charging handle

Windham BCG

CAA stock saddle

Exile Machine tube cover

20140106_194003_zps4fzhdiax.jpg

inski

Kahr sold.

Looks wicked Nate!  Nice job.

Just finished my lower and upper on rifle no.1.  Still saving for the barrel, handgaurds, sights, ect.  Rifle no.2 getting a slow start.  All I have for that is the lower and mags.

inski

I"m not sure yet.  The Danial Defense ones are very nice and a decent price and in stock.  I see decent 14.5" barrels here and there but I dont like the idea of pinning and welding the compensator until I find out for sure a compensator is still legal in Tac Iron class for 3 gun.

What I really want is a 14.5" 1/8 twist mid-length gas at around 200-220 bucks. DD is around 280, might be do-able eventually.

14.5 for maneuverability at danger close distances and still decent out to 200 yards

1/8 twist for all around 'use what ever i got' ammo. I will probably compromise on a 1/7 twist.

mid-length for milder recoil and better multi-shot control

Then I'm getting 12" free float hand guards (Samson) and Troy or Yankee Hill sights.  Magpul ACS in the end.

Rifle No.2 will be very similar, except 6.8spc, 18" barrel, some sort of optics, and cheapie Magpul flip sights.

Back