The unofficial GUN talk thread

Nate

Founding Father
https://www.crsurplusspring.com/SlackSpring.html This is the spring I use. Really great. Lots of polishing, and stone work on the friction areas. Smoothed up the trigger a ton.

Did you have to do any fitting to the stock? I did quite a bit of Dremel work to the synthetic. Big area that needed it was to free up the movement of the ejector. It was not letting it move so I couldn't put rounds in easy. I might even have a couple other surprises for you too.

Ty Ty

default_additional_roflmao.gif
@ the very end.

i-wagon

that thing is gnarly, and yeah, at the end " in case you need to go hand to hand..."

also, I thought I was the only one dreaming of getting a p22... guess not. that ruger looks nice too

i-wagon

I just fell in love with my father in laws winchester 94 carbine in 30-30. think I wanna get one and do a scout rifle like some of the rest of you cool guys. favorite part: holds 7+1 rounds, no magazine sticking down off the bottom of the gun

I'd probably trade my 12ga for one if someone had one

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

Matt, there are millions of Winchester 94s out there so there are bargains on the racks, shop around, you can pretty much name your price on those. I have the Marlin 336 which is similar to the Wincherster. I love it. My brothers both use the Winchester. Pretty handy rifles. I've got view under scope mounts on mine with a Simmons on top. If the scope has mist all over it I can still use the irons. The last couple years they've come out with some very nice performance ammo for 30-30.

1cd92cf3.jpg
. Traded the sks got this now I want shoot it !
Haha! Awesome! Sunday is shootin day. Get out there and warm up that rifle tomorrow. Did you tell them the Subaru guys sent you?
default_biggrin.png

Jamey

Matt, there are millions of Winchester 94s out there so there are bargains on the racks, shop around, you can pretty much name your price on those. I have the Marlin 336 which is similar to the Wincherster. I love it. My brothers both use the Winchester. Pretty handy rifles. I've got view under scope mounts on mine with a Simmons on top. If the scope has mist all over it I can still use the irons. The last couple years they've come out with some very nice performance ammo for 30-30.

Haha! Awesome! Sunday is shootin day. Get out there and warm up that rifle tomorrow. Did you tell them the Subaru guys sent you?
default_biggrin.png
oh yah
default_smile.png
were you shooting ?

inski

^^ exactly. Mostly local store owners from thru-out the state and some from NH. Its a place to bargain. All prices are subject to change in your favor. Some guys will play, some wont. Get there early. Have cash and/or trade. Make offers early. What you like in the AM might be gone in the PM.

i-wagon

that worked well for me at the lewiston one last year when I bought my shotgun. which, I'm now trying to sell. if anyone is interested, winchester 1300 pump 12ga turkey model. 22" vent rib with imp. cyl and full chokes. magnetic truglo fibre optic sights. matte finish, some fancy etching on the reciever, handsome wood with one tiny ding. takes 3" mag shells, and I'l include 25-30 rounds or 3" 00buck with it since my other shotgun ony takes 2 3/4" if anyone is interested text 8909218

Skeet shooting. What do you guys use for a setup(action, barrel length, choke and ammo).

I have my semi-auto Berretta 12ga with a 26 inch barrel, full choke. Right now I am using Fiocchi target rounds

Back