The unofficial GUN talk thread

inski

Will a heavy (fat) barrel work with a Hogue 10/22 stock?

I have the stainless & synthetic combo 10/22, see picture above. Weight is definitely not an issue, probably never will be.

Last edited by a moderator:

04wrx

Will a heavy (fat) barrel work with a Hogue 10/22 stock?
I have the stainless & synthetic combo 10/22, see picture above. Weight is definitely not an issue, probably never will be.
Yes a hogue stock will work, you just need to buy the stock that has a .920 channel for the bull barrel.

stainless

Shot Trap today. about 100 rounds(shots) I use a extra full choke. I am sure I would improve my score with a wider choke but is just so much fun to vaporize those clays. Then took out the Luger for a few dozen shots. left the rest at home Fun to shoot em all but a pain to clean all of em when you get home.

-=Lobstah=-

can't wait to get extra $$$ to get the barrel extension and Russian choke for my S12...

32" semi-auto boomstick
default_smile.png

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Over the weekend I inherited a Mossberg 350KA .22lr. It is am 8rd box mag fed carbine. It had one of the super cheap Daisy red dot sights (10mm aperature) that was non functional. I picked up a truglo 30mm for uber cheap. It functions perfectly for being 40+yo.

I cleaned up the stock last night and the original leather strap is being worked on today at work. The only real question I have is for the reciever. it has a definite patina, I would really like to clean it up. I am just not sure what products to use.

also if anyone has a cheap random .22lr box mag (not rotary like the 10/22) that I could have/buy cheap let me know. it is super easy to make mags for this from existing magazines.

let me know if you have any info on this gun. it is quite the unit.

inski

Check the mags they have at Cabela's. They offer a few for diff manufacturers.

Try regular gun solvent for the receiver. If theres actual rust hit with a scotchbrite or a low grit sand paper. Finish with gun oil. There are do it your self parkerizing kits available out there if your bluing is gone. Some shops offer bluing.

I love my red dot. Makes for a very handy gun. Quick, no more struggling to find sights or cross hairs. Just added one to my 30 carbine. Makes semi-autos semi-auto again.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
cool... I picked up a BSA red dot at cabelas for cheap $$. now I just need to zero that in. so if anyone has a boresighter that I could borrow for a few min it would be much appreciated. or one they want to sell.

so far I only have had one FTFire. and the round was kicked 3 times, so I figure it is a dud. it is a neat old rifle and I am starting to find places to get parts. so it should be back on the top of it's game soon.

i-wagon

red dots on .22's are a blast. i had one on my remington viper before i sold it. great for trapping around dusk. put the little red dot where you want the bullet to go......

i-wagon

just searched it. i love it, but not the price. i could get a bushmaster for half the msrp on that

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
They haven't sold for MSRP in a while. I was looking at around $1500. not too shabby for piston driven with adjustable air system. I figure with a can and the air on 0, it would be quite quiet as it would effectively be a bolt gun.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Look a little closer at what you get for that too:

Hogue Grips

Magpul PMAG X3

Gas Piston system (adjustable too)

Troy Industries sights (co-witness with milspec optics)

Battle Rails

Rail covers

padded nylon case

add that to any of the cheap AR's and you will be in excess $$ over the street price of these. I was looking at building one and I couldn't beat the price.

stainless

.223 is fun but not my thing.

I use my firearms for hunting.

.223 to small for dear. TO BIG for small game like squirrel.

my current arms chamber .22 .,243 ,30-30,.35 rem,.357,12 ga....

I dont think I want to have to deal with another cartridge.

i-wagon

wow. yours isn't very far off from mine. rifles and pistols in both .22 and 22 mag. .243, .270 20ga. i want a winchester 1300 12ga but i gots no money

stainless

Nice....

Sure semi auto "tactical" 223 sounds good.

but how about semi 12 ga?

Now you are talking. plus you can use it for probably 95%+ of game in Maine.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT3yPlgcP0M&feature=related

.223 coyote, porcupine, zombies?

This is purely from a hunting viewpoint.

I you just want to shoot who cares.

heck go .22 and get a full auto stamp. then FTW!

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

i had a 2 different .223s, one ruger bolt action and a rossi combogun single shot. both were accurate, i just wasn't happy with the power. enter the .270.... i now have a specific gun for all applications i hunt/ for carry

and if i want to shoot a semi auto rifle the marlin model 60 in .22lr is fun enough. 3 cents a round is easy enough to blow away

Latest posts

Back