The unofficial GUN talk thread

i-wagon

winchester 94. forward scout mount is 50 at brownells, scope was around 50 for a 2-7. gun is light, handles well, and the scope is adequate for the effective range of the round. plus the 7+1 capacity is good for zombies

stainless

winchester 94. forward scout mount is 50 at brownells, scope was around 50 for a 2-7. gun is light, handles well, and the scope is adequate for the effective range of the round. plus the 7+1 capacity is good for zombies
I would need to get a USED win 94 ,new ones are now >1K$!

i-wagon

new ones are silly, they're just a fancy pants collectible made in japan. there's nothing wrong with my post 64 from the good ole usa. them can be had for 250ish. if you buy ammo you can try mine out, I'm leaving my expensive bolt guns behind this year and hunting with this one

inski

Stainless, I have a Marlin 336 I was thinking about selling. I'd need $350 for it. It had a giant Simmons on it up until last January I took it off. I still have the scope and rings could go with it if you're interested.

The 870 is a great gun, my little brother bought an 870 for $350 bucks at cabelas, today I loaned him the money to buy this stock

And today I just made my first purchase ever, a Saiga 762x39 rifle

It has a 6 position M4 style stock, adapter to accept AK47 magazines, new dust cover with picatinny rails, and a UTG quad rail front end.

me.jpg
Crazy sick nasty gun! Cool. Now order some cheapo surplus ammo and have fun!

stainless

some of the milsurp and cheap ammo has rounded/hard primers. if you get some Fail to Fires ,dont freak. I is probobly the ammo....

I had to do a bit of work for my sks to digest all ammo 100%. now it is unstopable outside of operator error.

stainless

new ones are silly, they're just a fancy pants collectible made in japan. there's nothing wrong with my post 64 from the good ole usa. them can be had for 250ish. if you buy ammo you can try mine out, I'm leaving my expensive bolt guns behind this year and hunting with this one
did you have to drill/tap the mount? to you have an Ae 94? I actualy have an 1894 (1906) but my dad did not take care of it and left it out after his last outing with in in the 80's...The barrel is pitted like the moon. so it is a wall hanger.

i-wagon

had howells drill and tap it. not ae. want the same exact thing in 357mag

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

So.... When we havering a shooting meet ???
I was hoping I-wagon would find out about the public place in Minot since its got a pistol pit and LONG (300+yds) range rifle spot and its close to most of us (except Jamey). The only other place I know of where we all could get together and fight mosquitos is up in Fryeburg. Theres a public range up there but if we don't get there early we could be screwed for more than an hour waiting for someone to finish up. Its a hike for most of you guys.

Jamey

Place I go to is in standish , soon I'll be a member of buxton/Hollis rod and gun club and have a a range to shoot at .. Didn't someone here have a place at there residence?

inski

I cant remember who.

Next weekend- looks like sunday might be a good day. Im going to be heading down to the cornfields out back to do some longer range stuff. I set up a 10 to 30 yard handgun area also,works pretty slick. If someone with a truck wants to come along,I have a big table that I can bring down,and a nice shooting bench. Were located right across the road from the litchfield fairgrounds.
SMelt!

stainless

I was hoping I-wagon would find out about the public place in Minot since its got a pistol pit and LONG (300+yds) range rifle spot and its close to most of us (except Jamey). The only other place I know of where we all could get together and fight mosquitos is up in Fryeburg. Theres a public range up there but if we don't get there early we could be screwed for more than an hour waiting for someone to finish up. Its a hike for most of you guys.
yeah the brownfield/fryeburg range has crazy amounts of bugs. I belong to Androscogin fish and game but can only have one" guest" at a time. they do have public shoots though. trap on sundays and pistol plate on saturday. 5$ each for non members. inski I can pm you.

i-wagon

Try mine out, it's hard not to like. I just shot some 170gr ammo at my steel plate out back, wrapped the damn thing around is own chain. So powerful, low recoil, light, good handling, decent capacity, and cheap to buy

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back