The unofficial GUN talk thread

Jamey

If I didn't just get one
default_biggrin.png

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
I still need to buy an upper and assorted things to finish mine.. Too much shit to do/buy/mod and not nearly enough $$ to do it with!
default_tongue.png

Jamey

Well decided to sell my .22 gsg 522sd have 3 magazines and adjustable stock 300.00 also has a brand new red dot scope . I'm getting the .22 conversion for my AR no sence of haveing two

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

Just went through a documentary type book ask about winchesters history, now I want an m14 more than ever

inski

My dilemma.

My brother gave me a British Enfield 303 MK whatever No. whatever. His best friend from H.S. gave it to him a million years ago. While in my possession I added the era correct micrometer ladder sites, added authentic sling, cleaned it after a 100% tear down, shot it, cleaned it. I mentioned to my brother maybe trading it for something a bit newer and he gave me the hairy eye. Heres the dilemma...

a) should I just give it back to him?

2) should I keep it forever?

c) should I keep it and trade it? Its only worth maybe 300 tops, functions great, not real accurate due to the modern ammo making hit about 6 inches high at 50-75yards. Smells too surplus-ie for deer hunting.

I'm thinking about giving it back to him. My kids have shot it. I've shot it. His kids have not shot it. Its a cool hunk of history being that its a US made (Savage) Enfield from 1944... and his friend from HS gave it to him back when you could get Enfields/Mausers/SKS for 79 bucks. I'd be more inclined to keep it if I could get it to hit 6 inches lower, then I could use it at the historical matches at Scarborough or hunting. Maybe I should inquire with Paul at Northeast about shimming up the front sight?

i-wagon

Keep or give back, there are no other options, I'm suck with half a dozen guns in similar situations

Latest posts

Back