The unofficial GUN talk thread

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
So I have an opportunity to buy a Glock 19. Brand new. Not sure how many mags, he doesn't know till it shows up. But it's a fair amount more expensive than what Jamey paid. You guys say they are very hard to get, so should I get it?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Also, I finally stopped by the local gun store tonight after work. It's 5 minutes from my place, and I will definitely be gong back! Great guy, and he has everything, and can do anything. Picked up some 5.56, and some 7.62x39. I'll be getting more. He has a 1 box limit per day on the 5.56, but he let me have 2 boxes today. And it was a decent price too. Around .60 a round. A lot better than most out there!

But about that Glock..........should I, or shouldn't I?!

Nate

Founding Father
So I have an opportunity to buy a Glock 19. Brand new. Not sure how many mags, he doesn't know till it shows up. But it's a fair amount more expensive than what Jamey paid. You guys say they are very hard to get, so should I get it?
price?

Nate

Founding Father
$550 for a new G19? Get it. That's a great price.

I know a local place selling the newer Gen4 for $649 right now.

Jamey

i bought mine before all this crap hit the fan. but yes id deff buy it, there hard to get  and they are a great gun, i love mine. first thing you should do is get the trigger done by nate.. its well worth it 

Nate

Founding Father
This little beauty showed up for my AR a couple days ago. Aimpoint micro H1. 2 MOA dot. Mounted to a Larue mount.

20130328_215551_zps12120b50.jpg

I'm in process of working over my AR15 again. Chopping the barrel down as much as legal, pinning on my muzzle break, new shorter rail, and new lighter optic. Hoping for around a 7lbs gun.

inski

^^Snazzy.  Lots of weight tied up in the handguards.

The match rifle they built for SFG actually had a lot of weight added.  16 pounds.  Not much good for luggin around but at 600 yards it was dead nuts on.

Last edited by a moderator:

smelt240

In case anyone has some cash burning holes in their pockets....My uncle in Readfield  just got a Bren in. Comes with 11 mags,it has the original reciever,legally made semi auto,this thing is about as nasty as it gets! 22 lbs of fun...I wish I could grab it.  He has $5000 on it,but Im sure cash talks.

Impreza05

Gonna order some night sights for my G23. Probably Tru Glo's but open to any ideas and info. I have Trijicons on my duty Glock so any other suggestions?

Nate

Founding Father
I liked my TFO's. I'm really enjoying the Trijicon HD sights I just put on my G34. I can drift sights too.

For a carry size gun I don't get anything too bulky though. I like plain Trijicon or similar because they are slimmer.

Latest posts

Back