The unofficial GUN talk thread

inski

I'll probably never buy a poly lower until I try one.  Just seems like it would be too weird.  But, I've changed my mind before.  Guess it all comes down to how it feels.

MuddyWRX

Felt like any other lower to me, just lighter. I wouldn't make one into the ultimate battle rifle or anything like that withough years of reviews, but for punching paper and maybe groundhogs it's all good.

inski

Yeah I suppose they really dont do much other than hold the magazine and hold the pins for the hammer and trigger.

smelt240

Just got a new DPMS LR308 carbine...flat top.looks like an M4 at quick glance.. 10-40x50 scope ( I can count pine needles at 500 yards), 2 20 rd  steel mags, Jard 1.5#  fully adjustable trigger with 5 other # springs, Hogue grip, Harris bipod... as soon as my arm recovers a bit its time to try some more long range stuff. I think the scope will find its way onto the Armalite AR-10 though, she has a 22" stainless heavy barrel with a comp

Also picked up an old Aimpoint 1000 red dot sight, nice shape, gave $10 for it, all mounted on the Daewoo, just waiting on recovery to play again...

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Just got a new DPMS LR308 carbine...flat top.looks like an M4 at quick glance.. 10-40x50 scope ( I can count pine needles at 500 yards), 2 20 rd  steel mags, Jard 1.5#  fully adjustable trigger with 5 other # springs, Hogue grip, Harris bipod... as soon as my arm recovers a bit its time to try some more long range stuff. I think the scope will find its way onto the Armalite AR-10 though, she has a 22" stainless heavy barrel with a comp

Also picked up an old Aimpoint 1000 red dot sight, nice shape, gave $10 for it, all mounted on the Daewoo, just waiting on recovery to play again...
Post some pics!

IBratmanI

I picked up a detachable carry handle with a rail mount for the AR15. It actually is very secure, and works really well!!! Also added a cheek riser as well, which with the red dot scope attached on top of the carry handle, lets my eye sit perfect to see through the scope.

And my +2 Pearce grip extensions came in today as well. Now both Glock mags have them installed.

Ty Ty

Mmm...Pachmayr grip glove.

8685851281_d710f88939_c.jpg

inski

FYI

Cabelas has a few hundred boxes of .223 ammo in stock.  PMC bronze at 9.99 and Independance at 10.99.  I think theres a 5 box limit.

Ty, I didnt know you had an M&P.  How is it?  Is it particular with ammo?

Ty Ty

FYI

Cabelas has a few hundred boxes of .223 ammo in stock.  PMC bronze at 9.99 and Independance at 10.99.  I think theres a 5 box limit.

Yea, I've had that thing for quite a while.  I haven't run too many different brands through it.  Pretty much stuck to winchester white box for target practice, and I ran through a box of Federal hollow points to make sure they fed properly before carrying it with them.  Never had any problems with it.  I've run though maybe 500 rounds of winchester.

IBratmanI

FYI

Someone has got to pick some of that cheap ammo up for me!!

IBratmanI

Jason make a run for it!  Should be plenty tomorrow...monday...tuesday.
I have to go down there sometime soon to pick up some parts, so I plan on swinging in while I'm down there. So we'll see if they have some left.

Latest posts

Back