The unofficial GUN talk thread

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Hate to sell it but In a pinch gen 4 g19 4 mags glock triduim (sp) sights trigger job done by nate extended slide release comes with 2 holsters iwb 500 rnds 9 mm and 2 mags of hollow points 600 or best offer
What?!

inski

Its Joe's fault.  Had to get something  suppressor ready.  I put one on hold at Cabelas, then found this one at Up in Arms for $100 cheaper, plus I got some hard to find .22LR ammo cheap.  I'll be trying it out as soon as my wife wakes up for work.

i-wagon

I'm ready to take a torch to my 870. Some ammo it won't extract. Like slide locks and I have to hold it by the forend and slam the butt on the ground. Gun was almost new when I got it, clean and not over lubricated

Nate

Founding Father
I'm ready to take a torch to my 870. Some ammo it won't extract. Like slide locks and I have to hold it by the forend and slam the butt on the ground. Gun was almost new when I got it, clean and not over lubricated
Weird! Does it function 100% on different ammo? Try staying away from that particular ammo. Seems like it's getting stuck in the chamber. Want to sell it ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

first time was on reloads, stayed away and it was fine. Ran mostly federal bulk and it's ok most of the time. Winchester bulk 8's it locks up every other shot. Swapped guns for a few birds with my buddy who has the same thing but 3.5 inch chamber, my gun worked on his ammo, his jammed on mine. His was to the point I tore the barrel off and used a cleaning rod to force it out. Looking like I may need to pay $ 15 a box for high brass. What little buckshot I've used has always functioned properly

And you'd like this one Nate, matte black, magpul gear, 21" barrel with choke tubes. Also have original Camo stock and forend. But I'm not sure I want to give up on it yet. Unless you had super sick trades

Nate

Founding Father
Can't really think of much I would want him trade.. what are you looking for?

I'm always looking to pick up another 870 for a good price.

i-wagon

Can't really think of much I would want him trade.. what are you looking for?

I'm always looking to pick up another 870 for a good price.
I'm kinda looking for a judge, or same gun in a Mossberg. Bought it as just the turkey gun (21" barrel, flat black, Camo forend and butt) then added the magpul sga stock, forend, and single point sling mount. I'm at around $450 in to it, would let some Remington 3" 00 buck go with it since I have@60 rounds and my double barrel won't take 3". Still have factory box with price tag from beans, 3 chokes from modified to Turkey extra full, tube wrench, and the magpul boxes from the furniture change

Nate

Founding Father
I can ask a buddy... I picked up my last one (in working order) for $225. I know the Magpul furniture is pricey, but it's just more then I would spend on it used, but close.

inski

I did the first 'official' action carbine match in Hampden.  It was  a lot of in-yer-face fun with one stage that took some slow-it-down aiming.  Despite not really understanding the scoring and coming in dead last I'll probably do it again Sept 7.

Most other action carbine stuff (like 3 gun) is scored based on best 2 hits on the cardboard silhouettes, steel knocked down, and/or audible hits on gongs.  They had no steel and after 2 stages I realized they weren't scoring paper based on 2 hits.  They were scoring based on 1 hit in the A/B zone or -1/-0 zone.  I was double tapping everything at first, then switched my strategy  to the one hit thing at the long distance stage when I should have kept double tapping.  Hero to zero in one stage, but hell, it was fun.

You're welcome to join me next time.  All you'll need is a carbine that can make it out beyond 200 yards (pistol cartridge carbines aren't allowed) like an AR or AK or M1A or P90 (5.7) ect and a couple mags, 150 rounds, and a single point sling, safety glasses, open bolt indicator flag, and hearing protection.

RabbitWRX

I did the first 'official' action carbine match in Hampden.  It was  a lot of in-yer-face fun with one stage that took some slow-it-down aiming.  Despite not really understanding the scoring and coming in dead last I'll probably do it again Sept 7.

Most other action carbine stuff (like 3 gun) is scored based on best 2 hits on the cardboard silhouettes, steel knocked down, and/or audible hits on gongs.  They had no steel and after 2 stages I realized they weren't scoring paper based on 2 hits.  They were scoring based on 1 hit in the A/B zone or -1/-0 zone.  I was double tapping everything at first, then switched my strategy  to the one hit thing at the long distance stage when I should have kept double tapping.  Hero to zero in one stage, but hell, it was fun.

You're welcome to join me next time.  All you'll need is a carbine that can make it out beyond 200 yards (pistol cartridge carbines aren't allowed) like an AR or AK or M1A or P90 (5.7) ect and a couple mags, 150 rounds, and a single point sling, safety glasses, open bolt indicator flag, and hearing protection.
Would an M1 Garand qualify for the carbine match? Never competed in a match before but I think it would be fun to do with an M1.

inski

yes, you'd be in 'Heavy' aka Heavy Metal class.  There was a guy competing with a M1 Garand this weekend and won his class.  You'll need at least 4 enclips and you'll need to be very good at reloading.  That guy could reload his Garand in about 1.25 seconds (from 'ping' to bolt closed).  Its awesome seeing one of those do work!

Nate

Founding Father
Unloading a bunch of not used AR15 goodies that I've collected over the years. They are just taking up space. All stuff like new or actually new. Pics can be texted to you.

**SOLD** 9" Troy Alpha rail. New in box. Add-on rail panels included. $130.

**SOLD** 11" Troy VTAC rail. Mounted to a gun, never used. Like new in box. Add-on rail panels included. $150.

** Assortment of AR15 pistol grips. Milspec, MOE, MOE K2 (Black, FDE), K grip. $20ea on the Magpul stuff. All grips include screw and plug (not shown)

** Assortment of Impact Weapon Components light mounts. I have 2 different universal radial mounts. One has a light ring for a 1" handheld. These can be used for surefire scout lights, or any light that mounts to picatinny rail. And a VTAC light mount. $45 each on the IWC mounts.

**SOLD** Inforce WLM 200 lumen. Momentary only. $100.

Would trade for quality folding iron sights, quality brand upper receiver (stripped), 300blk barrel (10"-11"). LEWISTON. Package deals available. Please don't ask me to drive 20 miles to sell you a $20 grip. Make plans to get to Lewiston. Willing to consider meeting in the middle in package deals of higher value. All prices are ASKING PRICE. I can work with you on packages.

i-wagon

Starting to put word out on my 870. Pretty sure I posted all the specs already, start around $400, firearm trades will be entertained, or certain chainsaws, welding equipment

MuddyWRX

Anyone mess around with the AK pistols? Been offered one in trade for my Glocks G23. Which is for sale with 500+ rounds of ammo, if anyone is looking.

inski

Most excellent result from the last match!  My first IDPA match was a success.

see attached pdf file

file

vv

guess the forum isn't allowing attached pdf files...anyways.....I WON the match!  First overall win! 

Latest posts

Back