The unofficial GUN talk thread

i-wagon

So, I never thought I'd recommend a "cheap" rifle, but, my bro in law has a Mossberg 100 atr, and in the 7 years he's had it, neither of us have ever missed what we were trying to hit. Woodchuck sized target at 100yds like it was nothing. I'm actually going to start looking for one now. Very well done for a low price

Nate

Founding Father

14" pinned (5.56) Windham Weaponry with Leupold VXR Patrol, in Larue mount.

10.5" (5.56) Smith&Wesson registered SBR with Aimpoint micro.

8" (300blackout) upper with Aimpoint micro.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I have 264 rounds of 40s&w for sale. I'd like to get $75 if anyone is interested.

And 100 rounds of 50ae for $ 175

Nate

Founding Father
Is the 40 brass? Interested if it is.

And.... never mind. It was for a buddy. I spoke too soon. He's not interested.

inski

anyone have suppressor experience and/or recommendations?  Thinking about a .22cal multi-purpose can.  AR, 10-22, and my new pistola.

Nice rifles Nate!  Hell yeah!  that's weird you have a 8" .300.  I was just thinking recently about building a 8" or 10" 6.8spc pistol.

Nate

Founding Father
You're welcome to come shoot it sometime. It snaps onto my SBR lower. The barrel length (with the right ammo) will make me a perfect brush gun come hunting season. This setup is crazy light, and short.

MuddyWRX

Taking a test drive this afternoon:

So what are the rules for pinning or permanently affixing a flash suppressor? Would like to have this chopped down to 18" including the suppressor, haven't decided on which one yet but most for this gun seem to be at least this long.

smelt240

Whats left for .50?  Factory or reloads? And do you know the grains?  My DE is picky sometimes...

inski

bratman, whats coming up for sale?   Don't bring it to a dealer.  They'll low ball the crap out of you.  Speaking from experience.  Give yourself some time for private sales to go thru.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I'll get a lost together when the time comes. I won't be taking them anywhere. And anyone who wants something, will need to go to my parents house near Wiscasset to pick them up. I don't want to sell anything, but due to recent events, money is needed.

Nate

Founding Father
Taking a test drive this afternoon:

So what are the rules for pinning or permanently affixing a flash suppressor? Would like to have this chopped down to 18" including the suppressor, haven't decided on which one yet but most for this gun seem to be at least this long.
If the rules are like a rifle, it requires a pin, then welding. A pin to keep it from rotating, and the weld to keep the pin from coming out. If you ask me it's overkill. But rules are rules. Is the barrel threaded now? How long is it?

smelt240

If the rules are like a rifle, it requires a pin, then welding. A pin to keep it from rotating, and the weld to keep the pin from coming out. If you ask me it's overkill. But rules are rules. Is the barrel threaded now? How long is it?
Do a little research on others who have shortened their barrels, some stay reliable, some don't. My stock length Saiga will cycle anything Ive tried, including low recoil law enforcement slugs. A lot of shorter ones need to be finetuned to shoot certain ammo.  All depends on what you want to do with it.

Bratman:    on that .50 ammo, Im just not sure when I could meet up in Wiscasset. But would love to have it, Ill know better when I go back to work, last week and a half were vacation...   And if need be, PM the regulars on here a list of guns you might sell. Most dealers are going to rape you on any sort of package deal... 

Nate

Founding Father
Changed up the positioning of the optics on my AR15's. Took them out to confirm zeros. Both needed only sight adjustments. All shots were done prone, off magazine baseplate.

This is my 30 yard zero on my Aimpoint micro on my 10.5" SBR. The 3 rounds low/right were prior to adjustment. Went up/left a few clicks and I fired a 12 round group.

This is a 50 yard zero on my Leupold VXR Patrol, with my 14" Windham. Again the three lowest were prior to adjustment, then 12 rounds.

MuddyWRX

Already threaded 19" + muzzle device is typically another 3". I was just figuring on getting it down to 18.5" OAL and not mess with the SBS stuff.
Think I'm going to sell my Remington 700 in .25-06 if anyone is interested.

Nate

Founding Father
With research, are you hearing about guys having function issues after a chop/thread/pin/weld job? Is it Actually cutting it short enough to mess with cycling?

Latest posts

Back