The unofficial GUN talk thread

MuddyWRX

From what little I've read it seems more like its an issue with the inconsistent gas systems on the S12. Take one that is marginal but working and chop it enough to not maintain gas pressure long enough and you start to have problems. That's not an expert opinion just kind of what I've gathered.

inski

bring the family!  Its on rt.117 only  few miles from your house.  2 weeks ago I got my ass handed to me by a 70 year old woman.  Last week I did there version of 3 gun (5 shots pistol, 5 shot rifle, 1 round of trap) and I got second place.  Never know what kind of talent will show up there.  I average in between 17-21 shooting a round of trap.  This sunday I'm going to try the single shot 20ga Ithaca then see if I can iron out the semi auto CZ

i-wagon

I went to Waterford last year and kicked some ass until the 870 acted up. Paris is doing running deer tomorrow, I'd do that over trap. But the boss has spoken

inski

the boss has spoken 
default_additional_whip.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

What shitty day!  Shot 2 rounds of trap with the 20ga.  Shot 2 rounds with the semi-auto 12ga.  My face hurts a little. 100 rounds total. heh.
default_biggrin.png

inski

Changed up the positioning of the optics on my AR15's. Took them out to confirm zeros. Both needed only sight adjustments. All shots were done prone, off magazine baseplate.

Cool!  that's what I did at the Western Maine 3gun, we were allowed 5 shots cold barrel at 100 yards, on the bench, no bi-pods.  Only arm and hand  support.  I set that dandy right on the 20 rnd mag, supported the front, pistol grip, shoulder, and a good face plant.  The more points of contact the better. NICE JOB NATE!

smelt240

From what little I've read it seems more like its an issue with the inconsistent gas systems on the S12. Take one that is marginal but working and chop it enough to not maintain gas pressure long enough and you start to have problems. That's not an expert opinion just kind of what I've gathered.
Pretty much how I understand it as well.  Mine functions 100%. Never had any FTFs whatsoever.  I have heard that the Molot is a much better shotgun, and that prices are coming down on them a bit, but from my experience, if you can try some different ammo thru a Saiga, and find one that works well, its a great piece.  I have sold off all of my other "assault" shotguns, and the Saiga is the only one I kept. If I come across another SPAS12 reasonable, Id grab it in a second. Had 2 so far, but pries doing what they did, I had to let them go... $750 turning into $1500 each= easy math.

i-wagon

Got mine in the wrong zone, giving it to a friend's son. I hope to leave my rifles in the safe this year, practicing with the bow every night, and don't need a doe permit during archery season as long as they issue permits for the zone I hunt. At least my little sister got her permit for our zone

inski

I got mine for the wrong zone too.  Seems they loaded zone 21 big time this year.  fuckers.  Its ok.  I know where the t-rex buck is behind my house.   Trying a .357mag rifle this year.  Hope he walks in close so I can dump him.

i-wagon

There's been a monster with a drop tine in places I can get at him last few years, just never seem to find him in November. But if I have a chance to lob a sharp stick at a good sized doei probably won't pass that up since it's be my first bow kill. But the .270 is in the safe waiting if archery season isn't good to me

i-wagon

last year they gave me 21 as well, first and bonusi always pick 15. Doesn't matter too much I guess, have all October to shoot whatever comes within 40yds. I'd rather help a young kid with the permit than drive a long ways just to get a doe

Industry

didn't put in for it this year. should have, but not sure i will even get the chance to hunt this year with work schedule as busy as it is. :/

inski

I got a couple fridays off in Nov to add to my Saturdays.  It bothers me thinking I go thru all this effort and only hunt 4 days (saturdays) so I take a few extra days.
default_biggrin.png
 I also got the monday off after opening day.

This year I'll be in a tree stand for the first time.  I got the $50 Wally-world stand and some climbing spikes.  Hope I see something.

smelt240

Just got home from my uncle's shop with a brand new Stag lowered AR.  Has an ATI composite .22lr upper on it. I figured $350 out the door was a good enough deal for it. Its a regular Stag AR lower, so Im thinking about doing a 7.62x39 upper to play with too. As a .22 it shoots good, fairly accurate, but its just a plinker anyway.  Put a Walther .22 target job on layaway while I was there.  Had a hard time not buying the AK-22 to go with it...  My gongs are going to pay now!  Im extending my backyard .22 range to 100 yards very soon, as long as it doesn't snow before I get done.

Latest posts

Back