Think it need a water pump

nicric

My 99 OBS looks like it needs a water pump, prob. going to have someone else do it once I found out where the dam thing is! I am assuming a timing belt should be done at the same time, is there anything else I should or could do while they are in there??

Everyone has been a great help, THANKS

SUBARUDE

ya the water pump is under the timing belt cover and is driven by the timing belt

M&A should be able to hook you up with a decent price to do it

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
if your planning to keep the car for a while, do belt tensioner and idlers while it's ripped to pieces, this is often part of timing belt job

Nate

Founding Father
^^^ good advice.

And I second giving M&A a call if you plan on having a mechanic do it. They use Subaru factory parts (you get a discount on them from Evergreen for being a member) and they really know there way around a Subaru motor.

Evan

first things first before throwing money at it -

why do you think it needs a water pump?

some people also do the pulleys while they're in there if they're making noise from high milage.

nicric

i do have a bunch of pullys makin noise,do have one that is pretty bad, know it's not a/c, ps, alt. at idle i'll loose heat till i get it rollin again. I assumed with the squellin and the heat thing it would be the water pump?

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
It won't blow heat till the engine is warm ... Even after the engine is warmed up, will it blow heat at idle?

nicric

The engine temp will go up, and still won't blow hot air. I see this when I start the car in the am, I usually run out start it and go finish my coffee. If it was any other car between the intermittent squeling, no heat at idle, temp going up, the only thing left is waterpump. Or how bout the thermostat?

Thank for ur help.

Latest posts

Back