Tire shaving??

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Does anyone know where you can get tires shaved in Maine? Preferably in the Auburn area?

TheNailman

Warcock
barber shop. . .or, if you're feeling euro, you could always just go and get them a nice brazilian wax instead

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Not quite the answer I was looking for, but it shoulda been expected from you.

More specific, car tires, not spare tires...

Rightseat

pick you favorite abrasive tarmac parking lot, preferably very secluded

pop off 27 consecutive donuts, exit lot quick before the gendarmes arrive

presto, shaved tires. :angel12:

seriously, sounds like a ralli question.

Tire Rack offers shaving service on selected comp tires, that's probly your best bet.

johnny6speed

I know of a few places Joel, but, they only do said service for Honda products! :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Tire "shaving" doesn't exist in Maine. Circle burners call it "buffing" they normally use barbaric machines and odd methods to do such things. The best thing to do would be to source some local guys that run in the Mini Stock and Strictly Street classes @ Beech Ridge/Wiscasset etc etc and ask where they have their "buffing" done.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
No, but here goes...

I sold this guy 4 tires last year. He blew one on a curb. His tires are 1/2 worn so he can't put one new on on without doing damage to his transfer clutch. So, if we had the one tire shaved down to the point where it matches his other 3, he'd get out of it cheap.

So it's not like you guys are thinkin'. BUT, I did just find a tire dealer who would cut me a break on some 225/45r17 RE01's....

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Jewell Tire in So. Paris buffs them down. Now at least I can give him a choice.

Thanks to all! Except Nailman.

S

silver bqqst.

curious,

is this the thread that you tell us about TonyQ shaving his mid section? :angel12:

Latest posts

Back