Towing AWD vehicle....

-=Lobstah=-

Now here's a question to the knowledgeable public. Is it normal to tow an AWD vehicle with a hook tow truck? (rear wheels on the ground)? What are possible consequences of that?

The reason i'm asking is that i just found out that mycar was towed by hook truck after the accident, which would explain the funky wear on the rear tires, that look like they've been dragged on the ground). And the guy charged me 300 for THAT?

If my suspicions are right, limbs will be broken.....

patsti

NitrousFed
no it needs to be on a flatbed... no matter what kind of car you have it should be a flat bed so it doesn't get messed up but the awd needs one.

-=Lobstah=-

Cute...Real f****g cute....

Any advice on how i should deal with the towing company? So far I'm thinking about getting a statement from the state trooper, saying that the car was in fact hooked on to the regular tow-truck; and the second step is to somehow find out who was driving the tow truck that night and call them directly (record the convesation at the same time) and get them to admit that the car was towed on the hook. That should be enough evidence to stand up in court, if it goes that far....

gearsoup

check on nasioc. I think this subject has been hashed over many times. I don't recall the outcome.......

L-town

YEAH never ever tow if not with a flatbed i talked to a tow guy who ahs been in the bus. for 30 + years and towing awd on a hook tow will def destroy expensive parts if that is the case here then by all means do what must be done because that is very stupid on the towing company

S

Sub_leg

awdwarning.jpg

Rightseat

does this tow co live under a rock??!! AWD cars go on the flatbed, period. Insurance cos know that hookers damage AWD, and if the tow co did that, they would be liable for damages. if the tow co doesn't give a shit about that,

at least tell your insurance agent what happened, and have them contact mgr of tow garage.

the tow boys effed up, and they know it.

the funk wear on your rear tires is from the death throes of your center diff--maybe a good reason to total the car...let your insurance agent know if indeed the tow co hooked it more than a couple of miles.

-=Lobstah=-

Car only had liability on it, so no ins. claim in the nearest future
default_wink.png
I'm all alone (kinda) in this argument against ins company.

Emailed the cop that was on the scene, asking if he has Drivers name/Truck number of the tow company, and his confirmation that the tow truck was indeed a hooker. As soon as i have his backing, i'm going in
default_smile.png

Gonna try to check if i hear any noises from rotating the wheels by hand...

SUBARUDE

i would get all you can for proof that they did do it that way and how far it was towed that way.

then i would get a quote for evergreen on what it would cost to repair the damage done to the drivetrain.

then i would go to the tow trucks place of bus. and say what are you going to do.

if he's say no ask him for his insurance companys name and #

call the cops to file a report

did you sign anything when you paid the tow bill?

SUBARUDE

cause some will try to sly out of it by have you sign something saying thier not responsable for any damage done to your car when towed

-=Lobstah=-

Just got confirmation from wife that she did not sign any disclosures. Also when she was leaving in the police car (passenger seat
default_wink.png
), the truck driver was getting ready to get on the road....RS on the back bar, with the front wheels jacked up, rears on the ground, and due to the front damage, the car was leaning more to the right side, which would explain the exsessivbe and unusual wear on the tire.... All i need now is cops backing....

-=Lobstah=-

UPDATE: Finally got the car on 4 jacks and tried to rotate the wheels. When rotating the front wheels, the rears are limps. when trying to rotate the rears, they go wicked hard. Looks like the worst could come true.

As for the towing company, the driver said he hooked the chain to the spoke of the _rear left wheel_ to pull the car out of the ditch, and then jacked the fronts and moved the T bar back and forth to see if the rear wheels would rotate, and they didnt; so according to him, he went and got the flatbed to pring the car.

Obviously, the driver stands his ground that he did not tow it and he knew what he was doing.

Any ideas of what kind of evidence i can come up with to prove the tow companys fault?

Latest posts

Back