Town Fair Tire??? Kind of disappointed...then upset!

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Shouldent you be wrenching on something matt?
default_tongue.png

brighton

Rally Fluffer
What's there charge for alignments?
$70 for a half-donkey job. I had to bring my and my wife's trucks back because they don't align the steering wheel to dead center. Every time it happened they said "Oops, I must of hit the steering wheel when getting out. I was pissed on the 3rd time and told the Manager to drive it to make sure it was right. I mean like a 1/4 turn wheel to go strait. I will never again go there for anything and their so called "FREE" services.

Jamey

What's there charge for alignments?
used to be "free" centerline alighnment with purchase of tires car. Would track all over place then we would sell them a 4 wheel alighnment can't remember what it cost tho this was years ago

RedForester08

Just my opnion on alighnments. You get what you pay for. Evergreen and the place my son works Jim's Alignment in Sanford. Will set the car anyway you want. Both places are about the same money. For a REAL 4 wheel alignmnet.

Cheaper is not always better.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Jeez, Town Fair has really created some customer goodwill out there! How can they not see how inconsistent policies and constant gouging for more $$$ is hurting them?!!

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I'm going to Evergreen for my alignment after my summer supsension overhaul.

They're the only people I can think of who I can say "I want these numbers" and actually get them. Sears gave me a book alignment when I needed one an hour after get ting suspension on the car, it's okay, but the front is understeer city, which is already a problem on subarus.

Mighty Subie

Evergreen did my alignment. It's a little twitchy but responsive.

I asked tft to mount 4 tires for me. They said $100. I said f u and walked out.

Blue GT

Bought my last set from them,had them match discount tire direct and match the lowest M+B cost I could find locally. It was super easy and didn't have any trouble, also had them rotate my tires 5k later. Sorry you guys had such a bad run with them. I couldn't find a set I liked for the wifes car from town fair so I ordered a set from discounttiredirect.com and had sears mount/balance/align with tire rack pricing (saved $30)

if evergreen wasnt so far away I'd have them mount/balance/align and just order the tires from tire rack or discount tire direct, evergreen was pretty reasonable last time I checked.

scoobiesforlife

I was at town fair tire (auburn) the other weekend to have some tires put on my outback, after talking with the guy before the car went in, I told him that I knew they were probably going to tell me that I need a new front strut (its beginning to seep) and that I was already in the process of getting new ones. he ended up saying that we will get the tires balanced, new valve stems, align it (4-wheel) and when I get the struts, bring it back and they will align it again for free...all I paid was 99.00 no tax, I had a good experience, my parents have always had good experiences with them as well

Joker

VIP mounted & balanced new tires on one of my cars several years back & couldn't get rid of a 60 mph shake. After 3 times I gave up & mentioned it to the guy pumping my gas at Morgan's service station in Greene. He said he would do it right the first time, and, only charge me $8.00. He did. No shake whats so ever. He can get any kind of tire at a good price & is quite reasonable at mounting & balancing. Great service afterwards if needed. Might be a bit out of the way for some of you, but worth the trip.

GClark

Since we're talking about good tire places, Tire Warehouse on Lisbon St in Lewiston has always treated me great. Last time I went, they balanced my wheels for free.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Also Archies Off Road in Wells. Known them for years and they have a nice new runflat machine that is really easy on wheels.

He has always mounted my race tires.

Vecken

Tire warehouse cleaned 3 of my rims and resealed them as the alloy has begun to corrode. for just 5$ a piece. Took less than 20 minutes too (near closing time on a slow day helps).

This included taking the wheels off, dismounting the tire, grinding it clean. Remount balance and bolting it back on the car. For comparison Sullivan tire wanted 30$ EACH! How do places charge such crazy prices for 5 minute jobs?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Black

That's surprising, I had a decent experience, but then again it wasn't on a set of tires or balancing. I blew out both passenger side tires on my old LGT. I brought both into TF in Biddeford, one was able to be patched but the other was beyond repair. With only $80 in my wallet, I went and bought a used tire in Arundel which they wanted $90 for the tire and to mount it on the rim. I ended up just getting the tire and bringing it back to TF and they mounted it on the rim for free. Again not balanced or anything but it got the job done. I think the patch was like $10 or something.

Latest posts

Back