ultimate rally-x engine

Imprezah

Chassis: GC impreza coupe

Goal: ultimate power band for rally-x

Class: open

What do you guys think would be the ultimate subaru rally-x drivetrain in a GC impreza? There are so many options. You could consider a no expense spared option, or more realistically, a best bang for your buck option. You can also consider what transmission you would want to mate up to your ultimate engine.

H-6

N/A frankenmotor

various turbo engine combos

N/A 2.5 with some mods

4.11 5-speed

4.44 5-speed

STi gears

close ratio gears

discus....

GClark

Definitely the H6, but with a 6 speed or a dog gear box, so I can do 6k clutch dumps. Oh and throw a supercharger on the H6.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
GC coupe shell (earlier the better, they gained weight every year) stripped

2.5 motor basically stock

4.44 5-spd gearbox with 25kg limited slip center diff and R180 plated rear lsd grip = good!

RS brakes with carbotech pads, SS lines

Hotbits gravel spec coilovers, adjustable ride height

Sparco Circuit seats, 5-point belts, bolt-in harness bar (possibly bolt-in 4-point rollbar)

front/rear strut bars

15" Revo or Compomotive or Speedline rally wheels, 195/65-15 gravel tires medium and soft compund

weight is the enemy...if it don't make the car stronger or faster, take it OFF! Removing 100 lbs out of the car is like adding 10hp to motor.

Mark

GC coupe shell (earlier the better, they gained weight every year) stripped

2.5 motor basically stock

4.44 5-spd gearbox with 25kg limited slip center diff and R180 plated rear lsd

RS brakes with carbotech pads, SS lines

Hotbits gravel spec suspension

Sparco Circuit seats, 5-point belts, bolt-in harness bar (possibly bolt-in 4-point rollbar)

front/rear strut bars

15" Revo or Compomotive or Speedline rally wheels, 195/65-15 gravel tires medium and soft compund

everything else is just added weight...if it don't make the car stronger or faster, take it OFF!

the thing that i love about this, is that it's realistic and mostly inexpensive. it makes me want to build one when i get a garage.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
put softer brake pads on rears, and this car will rotate so well under braking that it'll want to swap ends braking in a straight line.

Mark

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2186271253.html

default_biggrin.png

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
don't do a dog box. they are completely impractical for anything other than racing. and there aren't enough gear changes in RallyX to warrant that type of engagement.

The engine may be tops, but the setup is going to net you near nothing without proper diffs all around. Keep a traditional 5MT with a stock clutch and put some money into the diffs. You could probably get away witht he OBX front diff for cheap, but upgrade the center and rear to something more agressive.

That would net you a completely awesome rallyX car.

Mark

Use as is for a while. If I had the money it would be mine. Then I would have a green one and a red one.
i would immediately strip it down completely bare and remove the drivetrain. as long as the drivetrain is ok, i could sell that to help finance the rest. you can do a rally x build on the cheap, but in all reality you need some spare cash to have fun with.

I would have to say the 1.8L is a strong engine and paired with FWD it seems to be very capable of digging in and pulling the lighter GC around.

Imprezah

The phase II 2.5 N/A engine with intake, exhaust, cams and the crawford srs30 reflash!!!!

Mated to a 4.11 gearbox (you will probably stay in 2nd gear all day long) with LSD's all around.

Is there anything better than that?

Imprezah

What about some sort of 2.5 liter turbo engine tuned for rally?

A crazy built block with meth and anti-lag would be the ultimate, but is totally unrealistic for rally-x. (who would spend that kinda money on a rally-x car)

So what about maintaining the 2.5 liters of displacement and finding the right balance between compression and boost so that their is lots of torque down low?

EJ25 with STI rods

custom pistons for 9.5:1 compression ratio

EJ25 SOHC heads with cams and a port job

TD04 or 16G turbo

run it off of a wrx ecu, wiring harness, and intake manifold

maybe add meth and open source tune it

Latest posts

Back