VF40 Just Blew Up

DShane

So my VF40 turbo in my 2005 LGT just blew up, even though it is less than 15k miles old. Car is bone stock. It's under warranty, and I should hear back tomorrow about what the dealer plans to do about it. 

My question is, is there any way that I'll be able to get them to replace it with a VF52? Has anyone else been in this situation?

Let me know,

-Dylan

pigsti

dont hold your breath. Warranty work is going to get done as cheaply as possible and with stock parts

DShane

Get rid of it before the bottom end goes.

05 LGT's are known for the whole motor eating itself
I think the motor did just eat itself, my guess is the whole block is going to need to be replaced. So maybe they'll put in a turbo and engine from a newer model?

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
If they replace it, it'll probably be all OEM.

Make sure they replace anything that has to do with oiling. The ACVS is a nightmare with the screens and if they don't clean EVERYTHING, it'll just blow up again when its out of warrenty.

I would try and get them to buy the car back. That's what I did when I had mine for a month and it blew up. I got my money back and walked away.

Shame to as it was a 5mt turbo wagon. Only made one year

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Mine

HRadness

awwsheet's girl's 05lgt on the way home from the dealer

some guys mikey worked on

DShane

The silver sedan whats his name sold to another guy on here

I've seen a few on CL in maine alone

Guy I talk to with an 05 wagon who lives in cali

DShane

Ya I took the night to think about it and I'm pretty sure I'm just going to insist on the dealer buying the car back from me. I'll post again when I hear back from them and let you guys know what happens.

roadtrip1098

Mine

HRadness

DShane

I hate second hand info, but seems how the woman I work with will probably never be one for any type of forum,  here goes: 2 engine and turbo replacements in 3 years with an 08 Legacy GT, bone stock purchased brand new, driven lightly.

DShane

Mine

HRadness

DShane

My buddy's 07 LGT blew up at around 90k but he replaced it with a vf52 and it's been mint since

Sooooo I guess in other news... anyone have a clean STI for sale
default_biggrin.png

DShane

Talked to the dealer, he wants to have it looked at by a mechanic before they decide what they want to do about it, so now I'm playing the waiting game. Hopefully I get a sweet rental to pound on.

Latest posts

Back