weird sounds and smoke help!

Zach

I changed all 4 spark plugs today and I noticed that the spark plug on cylinder 2 was wet the rest were fine. After I put in the new spark plugs I took it for a test drive and the CEL started flashing again when I got about 500 feet down the road. Still VERY sluggish at 2,000 rpms or under and it had no get up and go when I was in the turbo.

Oh and GREASEMONKEY u live pretty close to me. from what google maps says litchfield is 9.9 miles from my town.

Last edited by a moderator:

boostproduct

Mine does the same exact thing... However I popped cylinder coil number one.. sure enough it was bad. after I replaced it it ran fine again. but ive always had a problem such as when I start to spool boost, or lets say 2-3500 rpm I get a nasty chug sometimes a pop just like the misfire in this video. I do have a K&N short ram intake. I bought the car an havnt touched anything on the motor cept fixing the coil. I do hear subi's hate intakes with stock tune. Im starting to think this is a tune issue. have you fixed your car yet ? if so what was it. an does it have any smell like maybe to much fuel? If you have a aftermarket BOV(blow off valve) those also can mess with it stalling. As wrx's have recirulating bov's putting aftermarket VTA'(vent to atmosphere) bov's an pluggin the recirulating hose causes the maf to misread an pushes to much fuel for the split sec you let off the throttle.. causeing it to stall every so often.

Latest posts

Back