Well, wish me luck. .. .

TheNailman

Warcock
Tomorrow is the big day.

9am, i am having my eyeballs lasered. more specifically, it's a PRK procedure ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photorefractive_keratectomy ).

with any luck, after healing my eyesight should have gone from -2.50, to better than 20/20. regardless, i won't be wearing my glasses again.

i am wicked excited, but also really nervous. never had a surgery before, let alone one on my eyes, while i am awake. . . .

word is, i wont care much though, as i will be pumped up on valium.

it will be a long week of recovery. for the first couple days, i wont be able to see much, and should be a haze of hydrocodone, and tylenol #3. . .

no driving, no tv, very little cpu time

here goes nothing!

Matt

i hear the smell of burning eyeball is nice!!!!! lol congrats on the surgery, being able to see is something we take for granted sometimes

diabloadsit

I had friend in the military that had it done when I was still in. They loved it like a week after the fact. I know for like three days you have to stay indoors and were those old people big freakin sun shades.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Best of luck man. Enjoy your medically induced vacation
default_rolleyes.gif

09FXT

It's amazing how quickly the eyes heal. I had it done 10 years ago and still no regrets. I walked out with my own sunglasses on
default_rolleyes.gif

TheNailman

Warcock
well, i'm alive.

thanks for all the well wishes folks.

the whole surgery took less than 10mins. no pain at al then, however now i am a little sore. . .that and the whole sitting in a dark room with sunglasses on is a bit old

vision is clearing up ( a bit cloudy still) and am already noticing a marked improvement in my distance vision.

enough computer for now.. . off to a follow up appointment.

hopefully there wont be any poking this time.

~Nailman

Latest posts

Back