wheel cleaner

dyzfr6

whats the best. the sti stops awesome but the wheels look like shit. brake bust is bad. i got 1600 miles on it and washed them twice but still look bad. help me please. i am anal about wheels and now i have a nice car so i gotta have clean wheels.

Redline

Pedro turned me onto the Dupont wheel cleaner. It has Teflon in it, so it helps keep the wheel cleaner longer.

Rightseat

brakes are overrated

if you don't use em, you don't get wheel dust.

simple, really
default_biggrin.png

Redline

Funny thing about Nigel... when he's not trying to be helpful, he's actually hurting the situation with his commentary.

However, when he tries to be helpful, you can't live without him!

It really is a double-edged sword.

patsti

NitrousFed
i like the chezp simonize crap its really cheap i think its the 500 series and it works like 2 a bottle. other then that i get something else that works and i dont know the name.

-=Lobstah=-

i'd recommend Meguiars All Purpose cleaner, and after that's done, put a few coats of wax on the wheels.

Lawdawg

"mothers".... tell your children not to walk my way....

Another option is to paint the wheels flat black

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Mine only get a real cleaning when I toss them in the sandblaster before I send them to Ralli for a new color ;D

dyzfr6

yeah but its brand new and i am broke, been out of work for a month, unless someone wants to sponser me?

mikebike357

+1 ^^^

Soap, Water & a sponge. Wash you car and the wheels will come clean too. You could also spray your wheels with Pledge... they'll smell lemony fresh.

Rightseat

+1 for simple green AND....

secret wheel cleaning weapon is a 1.5" paintbrush. wrap duct tape around the metal part so you don't ding up nice BBSs

squizzle the paitbrush around those hard to reach areas, loosen up accumlated crapola and presto ! pristine wheels

also doing the wheels more than once or twice a year makes it a whole lot easier, less time for crud to get baked on

dyzfr6

all good ideas, in 700 miles my weels are grose, do the brakes cool it after a while and not give off so much dust or am i fighting a losing battle?

mikebike357

Yup... our 08 Outback has the same issue... Just gotta keep up with cleaning them... It had 1000 miles on it and the wheels looked like I painted 'em grey.

Latest posts

Back