Where should I start?

Tony Q

I have a 2000 Legacy Gt Ltd sedan 5 speed, and want to start getting into moding, any advice? What sites should I look at? Does anybod have anything close or do you all have imprezas?

Tony Q

fudge OFF! .... I mean.. I LOVE YOU VINNIE!!! and your car is soo cool! I IDOLIZE YOU!!
default_rolleyes.gif

katnip

the car is black. I swear
start by convincing the WIFE!!!! ;D ;D
Yeah, I hope she doesn't go crazy like this WIFE. Al started out racing. He ended up with a stock GTI to race and I have a modded RS to race???? ??? OOOPS .;D Convincing the WIFE backfired as this house.

So any of you, besides Nowinski, planning on attending any rallyx this season? Or are you afraid of getting those subies dirty?
default_rolleyes.gif

Kathy

katnip

the car is black. I swear
Sweet!! Bring it on. http://www.ner.org for the schedule. I love watching the subies kick ass.

Kathy
by "showing everyone how its done" I mean "probly rolling the rig and having it catch on fire"

either way fun for everyone.

BTW way what would I need to put in to be race ready?
I figured as much.

If your car can autox and is at least stock height, you my friend are ready to rallyx. Rallyx is basically the same as autox, but we play in the dirt, mud and snow so you need a little ground clearance. Actually a skid plate and dif cover would be optional equipment I would opt for.

On the NER schedule this season for the weekend of October 22, 2005 is the rallyx at the Union Fairgrounds in Union, MAINE. Yes, in MAINE. We held one here last year. It rained two inches the night before and we raced on the grass infield of the harness racing track. Slickery, slickery fun was had by all. Sorry free plug, I am the even organizer. Nowinski raced this one last year.

Kathy

C

chris

yeah, the 4wd guys stood there and wondered why the 2wd guys were having such traction issues as they slid thru each corner station sideways with 12ft mud rooster tails....then the 4wd guys/girls went.

quote from one of the regular 2wd guys as he watched us 4wd folks...

"...you guys thought it was sooo easy. The first 10 4wd cars slid by the first turn wiping out cones and slinging mud just as bad if not worse than the 2wd cars."

I missed the first turn at Union on my first run by 10ft or more. I had to squint to see the cones because they were so far away. Once I gained composure 2 turns later I had to bump my transfer case shifter(isuzu truck 4x4) a couple times just to make sure I was in 4wd, because it sure felt like I had no control in that swamp. If I had an e-brake to use I would have been all over that thing.

Yes, a skid plate is a big plus. The skid plate will remove the fear of any belly damage and actually allow you to go faster. Skid plate up front equals 30+horsepower, the rear diff protector Subaru offers is cheap and equals 10+horsepower. I strongly suggest a skidplate for Loon Mnt, maybe the Greyhound track, all the others you could get by without one but you'd feel more comfy with one for sure. Cheap insurance http://www.writerguy.com/primitive/skid.htm get the front one first, its most important, then get the primitive rear or subaru rear.

C

chris

NER SCCA Union Fairgrounds, Maine Rally-x pics coming soon...

C

chris

me at loon mnt last spring

nowinskiloonmnt1nc.jpg

me at Union FairGrounds, sorry I lost my muddy Scooby pics at Union.

unionrallyx0098cp.jpg

unionrallyx0158yw.jpg

unionrallyx0161gr.jpg

unionrallyx0171un.jpg

unionrallyx0184ts.jpg

unionrallyx0280bv.jpg

S

silver bqqst.

BIG 10-4 on the no LOVING way! I will not be entering the sti.... sorry!

I am a woos. Whatever, but at least on OUR forum we can LOVING swear, this isn't the g rated nesic!!!

HR radness

His royal radness
So any of you, besides Nowinski, planning on attending any rallyx this season? Or are you afraid of getting those subies dirty?

I am a very dirty man Kathy.....

Did I say that out loud?

Latest posts

Back