Who in Central Maine would work on a 2005 modified WRX STI

johnsawyer3

My son has a 2005 WRX STI that isn't stock. It recently started consuming oil and you can see it in the exhaust color. The local Subaru dealer doest want to work on it where its not stock. It has so bolted on accessories as well as a Turbonetics turbo. There is a slight crack in the exhaust flange where the turbo bolts up and when you crank it over you can see oil pissing out the crack. I thought about sending the turbo to Boost Lab for a inspection incase the seals are gone. Any support would be appreciated.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Where are you located? We have a few vendors that would be happy to look at it for you

johnsawyer3

The car starts up and idles ok. I took the air intake hose off the compressor side of the turbo and there is almost no back & forth or side to side motion when I try to move the turbo shaft and it spins freely.

I also disconnected the outlet hose of the grill mounted air cooler and there was no trace of oil. Is it possible that a oil seal has failed in the exhaust side of the turbo or what????

I hate to think piston where it idles good and there is no knocking when running... What can be checked next.

Anyone for hire to do a compression test?

IBratmanI

I'd definitely look into one of our vendors. Bailey's Speed Shop is a bit closer in Lisbon, and could check it out for you. Charlie Baxley is his name. Contact info can be found in the vendor section.

johnsawyer3

Thank you for providing the vendor contact.

Another question... If I remove the oil fill cap I can feel what seems like the pulsing of air with the engine running. Could this be caused by a faulty PCV? I am wondering if there may be to much crankcase pressure preventing the turbo oil from draining so its pushing the oil through the turbo exhaust end oil seals.

IBratmanI

Typically, excessive air coming out coming from the oil filler while running, means there is blow by. Which would point to rings, or a bad ring land.

Latest posts

Back