Why Kartboy might suck for some...

hesitantOBS

Seems so. Yes. I don't know about reverse though... :-

It's alright though, the spot is only 100' in front of where it is now. I won't need reverse I don't think. I should be alright! ;D

hesitantOBS

I did indeed. I am thinking that I may just wait to do that altogether. I am planning on getting a better engine installed eventually, once everything is mechanically sound, and I might just do the tranny at the same time. If I can source a '97 tranny, then I can get the KB SS again and do it up. I don't know anyone with a welder AND free time that could slice and dice a stock one...

4WRXter

Skier!
I replaced the lever that I had modified with KB. I would sell the modded one. I suspect it wouldn't fit, but can get some measurements if you're interested.

Rightseat

2 thoughts this am for Monsieur Hair-ree and his Ongoing Scooby Shfiter Snafu...

1) are you SURE you got the right part from KB? Our KB short shifter had tha same size ball and same width pivot bushing as stock bits. We needed a couple spaces to snug up the bushing fit, but didn't have to spread the fork on the shfiter rod. So maybe got the wrong bit from KB? Worth a call to them with the part # from the pkg you received. if the KB part is wrong, even the new bits from Joel wont save your weekend.

2) you can get the car into gear with the shifter apart. 2 options: put stock shifter back in w/o circlip around bottom of plastic socket that holds the ball, actually I've been driving my street WRX this way for weeks now and if your mindful, it's no prob. 2--push shifter rod forward with fork aligned roughly where 1st would be in normal pattern.

hesitantOBS

1) I am not 100% sure, I'm just going based on what Joel sent me. The parts I am getting are to repair and re-install all the stock components, for the 1996 model year. Unless, of course, this transmission is not the stock one? ???
default_biggrin.png

2) Yep. Got that down. Thanks.

Rightseat

Unless, of course, this transmission is not the stock one? ???
default_biggrin.png
check the transmission number. it's on top of trans case top RH side when looking at it from front of car. it's a white strip of numbers and codes.

USDM 96 2.2 AWD Impreza trans # should be TY752VABBA

tell me what code is, I can tell what you got. in a car with age and miles like you hav, who knows what trans is in there?

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
This same shifter has been put into 97-01's without problems. the problem is only with the meatball that sent it to you...

hesitantOBS

That's the thing. Shifter is made for the '97-'01 application. Ergo, not suprised that it does not work on the '96. At the same time, however, I just want to make sure I actually have a '96 tranny... lol

Back