Wicked Big Meet 2010 - Sunday, June 13th. Save the date!

Devon

This should NOT be a reason for you not to go on the caravan with us.
I'm gonna say this now so everyone can hear. This caravan is NOT A RACE. We all stay together, use your blinker, and be respectful of other drivers. Absolutely no passing each other unless it's completely necessary. Every time we caravan it seems like there is at least 1 ******* that ruins it for everyone. If we are responsible, there is no reason for any problems to arise on the ride down.

We will go over the caravan rules the day of again. Caravans can be extremely fun if everyone is willing to BE RESPONSIBLE!
This is why I love subaru lovers. I painfully rode in the back of a vw to connecticut a few weeks ago. The idiots all got pulled over, yelled at by the cops (and other drivers). The driver of the car I was in had his gf step on the gas while he STOOD out his window to take pictures of the rest of the cars, and he started screaming at some guy to fight him after the guy told him to driver safer because he was putting our lives in danger. Worst caravan experience ever.

Fozzy

i'll probably end up going, whether i'm driving or going co-driver.

just as long as i can get a ticket at the gate.
default_smile.png

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Well said Ryan. Caravans and other groups drives puts you and the club out in the public....drive like a responsible adult and people notice.

I hope to make this...just a few weeks away. If there is an organized group meeting somewhere and leaving at a specific time, I hope to make it!

GClark

PSSSSST Mike, check the first page.
default_smile.png

About the group drive... This is the BEST part of these things. I love group drives soo much. I don't love it when the turbo guys take off and leave the poor N/A guys in the dust. We are all Subaru enthusiasts, we know how fast your car is, you don't have to prove anything to use.

In Utah, we had a lovely group drive that went very wrong. It was really nice until a legacy gt that wasn't part of our site, but was friends with some people, decided to show off and pass on the canyon roads. He crossed the double lines around a corner and almost hit 3 cars. We got the cops called on us. Later on, my strut broke going up the canyon and one of our moderators went off the road going to fast and totaled his 07 sti.

Keep it slow, Keep it safe.

Ryan

^That's what we DON'T want happening! I've been on enough caravans now, and it seriously takes only 1 person to screw things up. If anyone has radios, BRING THEM!

And yes, Check first page for meet time and location!

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
PSSSSST Mike, check the first page.
default_tongue.png

About the group drive... This is the BEST part of these things. I love group drives soo much. I don't love it when the turbo guys take off and leave the poor N/A guys in the dust. We are all Subaru enthusiasts, we know how fast your car is, you don't have to prove anything to use.

In Utah, we had a lovely group drive that went very wrong. It was really nice until a legacy gt that wasn't part of our site, but was friends with some people, decided to show off and pass on the canyon roads. He crossed the double lines around a corner and almost hit 3 cars. We got the cops called on us. Later on, my strut broke going up the canyon and one of our moderators went off the road going to fast and totaled his 07 sti.

Keep it slow, Keep it safe.
^this, x27

every time I've been to WBM I've been passed by multiple gangs of asshats in subarus, and also seen large groups of same pulled over by the Mass staties.

the police have figured this event out, and laid elaborate traps. they know the roads, they know the hideouts...don't make their happy hunting grounds any more productive ppl!

here's part of the reason I haven't gotten tix going there...kinda hard to outspeed the asshats when you're pedaling 10,000# down the highway.

ReZPunK

Wicked Big Mess.

Go Autocrossing for the Eric Benson Memorial Autocross instead. donate to the scholarship fund in his honor.

TheSoundMan

I would like to go, could I possibly catch the caravan on the way south so that I don't have to drive an hour north to turn around?

MechRx

still on for around 8:30am @old navy in South Portland? love to have a that many ppl going down at once

jcovey2.5

Ryan do mind if i catch a ride with you? i can probably meet you right at old navy

ill give ya some gas money too
default_tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Meyagi

I'm a hack
Ryan do mind if i catch a ride with you? i can probably meet you right at old navyill give ya some gas money too
default_tongue.png
if u need a ride to old navy, lmk, i drive right past ur house

Ryan

Ryan do mind if i catch a ride with you? i can probably meet you right at old navyill give ya some gas money too
default_tongue.png
As of right now, my car will be full. I'm sure finding a ride won't be an issue.

Latest posts

Back