Wicked Big Meet 2011

justinbcrazy

Yea it was kinda spur of the moment..I knew the caravan was going on and my wife decided we should just jump in on it as you guys came through york..it was pretty cool because we saw all the subies crest the hill behind us on the highway and joined in! I'm sure we will be more involved with you guys!

Meyagi

I'm a hack
Nice riding down with you guys eventhough nobody knew who either my wife or I were.. it was really fun rolling down with a bunch of subies!
haha I was wondering who owned that car.... never seen it before lol

I had the bright red legacy wagon.. nice meeting you guys!

justinbcrazy

Yea prob don't see many of you ever since we are from the york/south berwick area and it seems like most of you are more north..never noticed either of us in the spotted thread either most likely since we are so close to nh we spend much of our time there

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
My favorite part on the cruise down was coming out of the Maine tolls. A lot of loud exhausts
default_additional_rockon.gif

05scoobyrs

I didnt see you guys down there. I only saw one maine car there and it was the wrb wrx that was in the car show, had an M/S sticker on the window.

GClark

Here's my late write up. Internets been down for a few days
default_additional_unamused.gif

Got up wicked early to meet Devon and Dylan in Lewiston. We arrived at Kennebunk 30 minutes early, and to our surprise, so was everyone else! Thanks for being on time guys! I then had an awesome Java Mocha Chip thingy at Starbucks.

The trip down was great, everyone behaved(enough) and we even met up with a silver wrx on the highway(justinbcrazy?)! Thanks to Devon, we got some great rolling shots. Word of advice to people for next year, if you want more pictures of your car, pull up next to me! I'll make sure to get some good ones.

Parking at WBM was effortless this year, we pulled right in no problem. After parking down in the dirt with mainely crew, I walked up to Dylan(wrbwrx) who was supposed to be showing off his car with WheelDude. I was also supposed to do this, but really wanted to park with Mike and Dave.

Dylan had no luck finding Wheel Dude, but his parking spot was prime, right in the middle of the car show. And sooo close to everything else. I go back and drive my car up next to his, no one was watching the gate. I got the bright idear to have Mike and Dave to come up too, and if anyone asks, their with wheeldude too. Well it worked, and the first gen legacies were together in the best spot in WBM.

It was hot, but it was way better then rain. Next year Im bringing a shelter, sunscreen, and lots of water. And food, so I don't have to wait a 1 1/2 hr in line. There were tons of great cars at the Vendors, and the race track was pretty cool too. I do feel they waited to long for the raffle announcement. By that time we were all hungry, tired, and sun burned(especially matt).

The majority of us left while Gabe and Ryan waited for the raffle. Lots of people broke off as we went home, but a group of 5 very determined Subarus really wanted 5 guys. Well, we ended up in Boston, but we still got 5 guys
default_smile.png

I actually enjoyed going through Boston. It was really pretty and ripping through the tunnels was amazing. It was so loud, Devon and I counldn't hear each other.

We got home around 11:00. Tired, not as hungry, still sun burned, but I think everyone had a great day. Im definitely looking forward to the next one
default_cool.png

Thanks everyone for being on their best behavior, we didn't have any problems.

Oh and the only almost disappointment I had was pulling out of one of the toll booths. A RS was pulling hard on me, and I was on it pretty good. This made me feel very slow and incompetent. Poor touring wagon. Come to find out, it had a wrx swap. Made me feel a lot better
default_biggrin.png

Ray

The Northernah'
Great write up! and you have no Idea about feeling slow...smallest N/A engine in the bunch made toll booths a drag
default_tongue.png

Matt

especially when you go the wrong way!!!!! sunburn is now a peeling forehead/skull....im not impressed......will def be bringing food next time, way overpriced...hat a must as well as some spf 30.... a pop up shelter/tent would be a great thing to have....had a lot of fun.

pufdup

Yea prob don't see many of you ever since we are from the york/south berwick area and it seems like most of you are more north..never noticed either of us in the spotted thread either most likely since we are so close to nh we spend much of our time there
I will be sure and keep my eyes open for you. I work in York over by Ledges golf course. I go through South Berwick to get there.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
hahah Don't be disappointed Garrett, you're not the only one who's been surprised!

Oh and the only almost disappointment I had was pulling out of one of the toll booths. A RS was pulling hard on me, and I was on it pretty good. This made me feel very slow and incompetent. Poor touring wagon. Come to find out, it had a wrx swap. Made me feel a lot better
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back