wrx electrical gremlin perhaps?

TheNailman

Warcock
ok, so im driving home from work this am, its like 25degrees out.

i have my lights on, and i dont know if anyone is familiar, but when you turn your lights on, there is a clicking sound like a relay that comes from under the glovebox area. . . .well that sound happened like 3 or 4 times, and my instrument lights flickered a couple times.. .. . didnt affect the car as far as i can tell, but def made me take notice....

anyone have any ideas on what coulda caused this?

thanks

Phil

TheNailman

Warcock
i dont see how a relay could be loose on this car, its pristine. . . as for battery cable, i dont think that would do it as juice would still be supplied by the alternator. plus i know for a fact its tight. . .

its DEF a relay noise though. . .

Redline

well obviously there is an interruption somewhere between your battery cable and the light stalk on your wheel. i don't see how temperature could play a role, IMO. Sure, if it was -50, I could see that.

Did the body shop take anything apart to do the job? Did you? What, if any, electrical components have been altered. I know you did your fogs, but are those on the same switch?

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
mine did the same thing one day. I think my headlight switch wasn't completely clicked on, it was between the detents and kinda flickered. I flicked the switch a couple of times, it went away and hasn't done it again. This was about a year ago.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
did you have your defroster on?
yes defroster was on
mine clicks on and off when I first start the car. it kicks the AC on and then realizes that it isn't blowing any air cause the climate controll is noticing that there isn't heat to be blown and then clicks off.. but it only does that every once in a while.. but it sounds like 5 clicks or so.

TheNailman

Warcock
yea. def was a few clicks. i cycled the lights a few times. and it did it again another time or two. . . anyways. knocking on wood. ....

it hasnt done it since.

we will see.

i'd be interested to know more of this air conditioning thing you were telling me about.

~Phil

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
It keeps your car cool in the summer. Reduces humidity on humid days.

Friggen jet mechanics....

Latest posts

Back