wtb 2.2l motor

rallyimp

well my motor in my wagon decided to quit today on the way home on 95 have had a chance to look at it cause of the rain but will be taking a better look tomorrow its a 99 wagon auto if anyone would know where i could pick up either a short block or a long block that would be great

EvilAsPie

I've got one from a 98 obs 130k. Been sitting, could probably use an external reseal, gaskets etc.

$150.00 a little flexible.

rallyimp

symptoms?
well it still starts but has an extreme knock coming from the passenger side and metal shards in the oil

evilaspie- is it a long block or short block? what was the condition of it when you removed it and why did you? and if you could educate me on a external reseal?

Last edited by a moderator:

rallyimp

it might be a spun bearing as when i got it home and turned it over the front crank pulley was wobbling a lot and i noticed a piece of the rubber has come off from the pulley

SUBARUDE

i have a complete 98 red 4dr impreza 2.2L auto with 105k miles on it it has front end damage but nothing that touch motor or tranny.I'm looking to get $500 for the whole car it still runs and drives just fine

EvilAsPie

evilaspie- is it a long block or short block? what was the condition of it when you removed it and why did you? and if you could educate me on a external reseal?
I guess long block, that means w/heads right? It's still got the intake manifold, and even power steering + alt i believe, still attached to it.

since it's been sitting for about 2 years and while it's out it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace things like cam seals, valve cover gaskets, rear oil main (i believe it's called), maybe oil pad gasket. Evergreen should be able to supply all the gaskets, etc needed and ship them to you.

I rolled my 98 obs and i stripped the car and kept nearly everything. The engine ran great before the incident.

rallyimp

i have a complete 98 red 4dr impreza 2.2L auto with 105k miles on it it has front end damage but nothing that touch motor or tranny.I'm looking to get $500 for the whole car it still runs and drives just fine
do you have any pictures of the car or would i beable to get down to see the vehicle, is it inspect able how is the rest of the mechanics on the vehicle i am very interested.

it might be a spun bearing as when i got it home and turned it over the front crank pulley was wobbling a lot and i noticed a piece of the rubber has come off from the pulley
Sounds like the harmonic is coming apart. I had that happen on my 97 GT. Inski and I were talking about it the other day.

rallyimp

i wish it was just the harmonic but theres way to much badness going on and to much metal in the oil to just be the harmonic

SUBARUDE

i was going to fix it but have to many other projects to get to before winter i'll try and take some pics its in the garage so pics will be limited and you could and come and look at it when ever you feel like just let me know when a good time is for you. i have most of the parts to fix it also which will be included in the deal

rallyimp

allright you guys have me convinced to come see it im currently not working but could borrow my gfs car so whenever is a good time for you let me know

rallyimp

The harmonic going to hell probably started this mess.
i think that might have a lot to do with it but it was starting to burn oil and i hadnt checked it after the drive back from pa so i blame it on myself

rallyimp

anytime after 4pm during the week or any time friday or saturday
would tomorrow after 4 work i have to bring my girlfriend to work at 4 then i could head down could you pm me your address for my gps if that works for you

Latest posts

Back