New England Forest Rally 2012. 7/13-7/14

Took some pics from here a few years back. Great spot. Was pretty full by the time my crew rolled in last year, so we went a little further up the stage. Missed all the action during the stage (what little there was), but managed to catch the sweep cars rear ending each other when they saw the car in the woods. Had to laugh a little, but then felt really bad about it. Looking forward to volunteering this year, already have the whole weekend off.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Three weeks since anybody has been talking about NEFR. ....

Are any of you camping out asa group, I know people from NASIOC are looking for people. Anybody getting a MS group drive up to the rally. Any questions on volunteering? ETC.

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
Like I said previously I can't wait for this to come back around.. This year will be my ninth year spectating! It's great fun and the stages are fantastic. I look forward to seeing LDR, Team Rally-Ho, Duplessis, Moody etc.. (cheer for the locals) My one and only vacation every year is The New England Forest Rally.
default_smile.png
I also look forward to seeing what Rally America does with the live stream when I return home from the event!!

Last edited by a moderator:

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Is concord still a go for this year?

Yes, but it will not be the last stage on Friday night. It will be earlier in the day. Possibly right after SS1...After last year's BS I wasn't going to be sad if they gave that stage a year off. I 'm hoping having it earlier will pervent all day drinking by idiots.

Ty Ty

RallyJeep has begrudgingly been hauled out of the woods...

Quite a few repairs to make before she is sweep ready again so I don't have to use the new Jeep.

578065_10100523811095219_3125785_n.jpg

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Yes, but it will not be the last stage on Friday night. It will be earlier in the day. Possibly right after SS1...After last year's BS I wasn't going to be sad if they gave that stage a year off. I 'm hoping having it earlier will pervent all day drinking by idiots.
I wouldn't have been sad if they cancelled it either, but earlier in the day sounds like a good thing to try. Hopefully the locals will be better.....

katnip

the car is black. I swear
Official message....The NEFR organizers are committed to making the 2012 event the best event possible for both the competitors and the workers alike. In addition to the famous shirts the workers receive this year they'll also have a chance to win many great prizes. ie, there's talk of a raffle with prizes to the workers. Make sure you sign up early as many of these prizes will be awarded before the rally so walk-ins won't be eligible.

Inside scoop....there are some awesome prizes being worked on, trust me. I can't spill the beans yet, but they are worth working for.

kat

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
^ Sounds good to me. Interesting the usual northern roads are not being used. Many other great ones up there though. I think concord earlier is a good idea, last year the some drunk started pushing his truck into the rear bumper of some car cause they and the 200 other cars weren't moving fast enough. I am all signed up for volunteering, hope anyone else on here does as well (if your not already competing((woot))). Great people up there and fun is had in between all the hard work.

05RSKID

I'm volunteering this year and I was wondering if I should get there Thursday night and pay for an extra night or just get up Friday morning and drive down? Also wondering when will I know what I am going to be doing there?

brighton

Rally Fluffer
I'm volunteering this year and I was wondering if I should get there Thursday night and pay for an extra night or just get up Friday morning and drive down? Also wondering when will I know what I am going to be doing there?
IMO Getting there Thursday would be smarter. You'll get rest and not rushed come Friday morning.

As for your Job, I'll guess you will be assigned to Spectator or Road Marshall. These positions are where the most bodies are needed. (And you get the great viewing of the rally)

As for anybody else that is new to Volunteering. Please pack at least these items.

Poncho, Sunglasses, handkerchief, DEET Bug Dope, Suntan spray. Water, trail mix. Maybe TP.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Signed up to run with Mike White in his beautifully prepared Saab 900...car #900, natch! The battles in the regional Group 2 class will be epic--all sorts of 2-liter, 2WD iron comin: Neons, GTIs, Jettas, Saab 99s, BMW 325is. Did I mention Wooo Hooo!

brighton

Rally Fluffer

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Signed up to run with Mike White in his beautifully prepared Saab 900...car #900, natch! The battles in the regional Group 2 class will be epic--all sorts of 2-liter, 2WD iron comin: Neons, GTIs, Jettas, Saab 99s, BMW 325is. Did I mention Wooo Hooo!
Yes yes. good luck Dave. Had a good time working with ya last year (go team four) but will be cheering you on this year.

Nice! DMACK moneys FTW! Goodluck.

Nice little info on Mike's Saab.

http://gearboxmagazi...-michael-white/

and great article on Mike White. Love the car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back