New England Forest Rally 2012. 7/13-7/14

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Im looking for someone to split a room with on the 13th and 14th! anyone??
Here you go:

someones gotta want to stay all tree night at the rally for only $50 and have a roof over their head and not be in a tent. Any Takers even if you only want to stay one night that's fine we can work out that price when the time comes to it.

å

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
someones gotta want to stay all tree night at the rally for only $50 and have a roof over their head and not be in a tent. Any Takers even if you only want to stay one night that's fine we can work out that price when the time comes to it.
I am interested. I know I will be up there thurs and fri night, maybe saturday.

cha

I'm one of those strays who need a place to crash. I bring beer, humor and a good time...and 50 bucks of course. Shoot me a pm!

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
So it seems that the only spectator spots this year are only accessible through taking the shuttle. and there are only three or four stages that you can see.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
So it seems that the only spectator spots this year are only accessible through taking the shuttle. and there are only three or four stages that you can see.
It pays more then ever to be a Stage Marshall. Keep your fingers crossed we can use these new road and the old one next year.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Quote from Facetube :

New England Forest Rally Thanks Matt Fenton, and sorry about the inconvenience - we didn't know we had to shift gears (no pun intended) on the Saturday stages until May, and didn't get the OK from the new landowners until after Memorial Day. If we can swing a bus or two from Errol, we'll do so - working to see if we can add that but no promises. It's not an ideal situation for us either, but like you said, if we can pull it off this year, next year should have a ton of potential for some great spectating.

Friday will be the best day for spectators. Sunday River SSS1 and Concord Pond. If you were at Concord Pond last year you will understand why town wanted this year to have the stage earlier. They are trying to control the safety of others persons and property.

NEFR overview:

2012 is a year of numerous changes for the New England Forest Rally. While we understand that many people like things just the way they were, it’s important for all to understand that many of the changes were born of circumstances beyond the organizers’ control. Here, we explain to you what is going on this year and why. Please know that the advance planning of a rally of this size and scope takes a tremendous amount of effort on the part of a small number of people who have to work with many landowners, land managers, businesses, and town, county and state officials. Our goal is to produce a rally that will keep the doors open for us for years to come, providing us a variety of options for stage roads and thereby allowing us to change up the rally a little each year.

Changes to Friday’s Maine Regional Rally

The popular Mexico Rec Super Special and Service cannot take place this year due to extensive renovations being undertaken there. Friday’s Service will be at Sunday River, with cars returning there after a much earlier scheduled Johnson Project Consulting Concord Pond stage. Regarding Concord Pond, the stage time had to be changed to take place earlier in the day in order to satisfy town official’s concerns about the safety of spectators and drivers. Excessive alcohol consumption by spectators has led to some serious safety issues, and it is the hope of the rally and the town that moving the stage to an earlier time will reduce those issues. Sunday River will once again provide buses to Concord Pond for $10pp; however, tickets will be sold Friday morning from Sunday River’s booth at the Rally Village, and the bus will leave from there at about 10am, returning to the village after the stage is over.

Saturday’s New Hampshire Regional Rally: Probationary Event with New Landowners

In early May, the NEFR organizers were informed that they would not be able to use the Fish Pond and Sturtevant Pond stages due to a last minute landowner tour scheduled immediately after the rally. Fortunately, the forest manager wrote a strong recommendation on behalf of the NEFR to the managers of the Plum Creek and Wagner Forest Management lands that offered potential new roads. After nearly a month of waiting, we received a green light to host the event, but with the condition that we must put on a seamless rally to provide for participant safety.

The organizers who have checked out these roads say that they are amazing for competitors; however, there are not many accessible spectator areas. While in time we may be able to create more areas for spectators and spectator parking, we simply do not have that luxury this year.

For Your Entertainment: Rally Village, Après-Rally Activities

NEFR 2011, Slopeside Saturday night before the champagne spray and awards.

We are excited about our new Rally Village, where you’ll find a variety of exhibits and vendors, plus there will be a number of “extracurricular” things to do throughout the weekend. Friday night will feature an Awards Ceremony with barbecue at the Rally village for the Maine Regional Rally competitors. Saturday night we urge you to come celebrate the finish of the rally slopeside with a winners’ champagne spray and regional and national awards ceremony. Sunday River will host a pig roast and awards will be followed by live music from the Maine Blues Mafia (featuring one of the rally co-drivers!).

Thank you for your patience and understanding of the changes to the rally this year. We are doing the best we can to provide a great rally for all in 2012.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
guys, I know it kinda sucks that you can't just go in to spectate, but we are on probation. Wagner has been refusing us for YEARS, so the fact that they are letting us on their roads is BIGGGGGG. Controling the spectating areas is a must this year, please be on your bestest behavior. thanks.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Bump!

Less then one week, all of us in the NEFR Sweep team will be there. Will you? Looks to be great weather.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stein

Stein
Assigned to team #2! (Jimbo, is that yours?)

Oh, 05RSKid, I'm still looking for a place to stay for Thursday and Friday night.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Looking forward to being on Tech team this year. Will see most of you guys at some point I'm sure. Should have my outback up there (greenish and gold with black steelies) unless I last minute change of ride.

05RSKID

So far I have Saabaholic for just Thursday night, Craig for all 3 nights, Cha for all three I believe, Jake for Thursday, Friday and maybe Sat., and Stein for Friday and maybe Thursday if we can fit him in. Please confirm to make sure I have the correct head count

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back