RIP Eric Benson 8/26/85 - 5/23/10

Stein

Stein
I wish I was better at vector-based stuff. Nice work, but I think it would be better to incorporate Eric's name and dates inside the car somewhere.

Tyler

I can give whomever does the stickers/vinyl the original vector version so they don't have to mess with a jpeg should everyone decide they want to go with something like this. Definitely open to changes, I did this in the time from my last post to now.
EBenson.jpg
That's fantastic! Great work!

Taiden

Im down for one of those. That is an awesome graphic.

If i was going to be picky I would say it would be awesome if the leggy was sideways full lock with dirt flying out from under the rear wheels cos that's what he would always talk about with me...how much he loved to get sideways in the dirt with his leggy...

abenson100

hello

im Andrew Benson, Erics twin/ the guy who bought rezpunk's white rs, i appreciate all the wishes and support coming from the community toward my brother and keeping his memory alive. it is hard for me now to remember how he wanted the car, but im sure it will come to me. i am going to try and bring it to his funeral in memory of him because lets face it everyone knew him for that car. i like the decal but can we change the racing number to 14 this was his auto-x number for many years. also the CMC will be holding and event in memory of eric in a few weeks and Rezpunk, our friend Rob and i will be attending running the Formula Vee eric also loved to drive. i would encourage every one to attend this event as well.

i hope to see you at the service.

St. Anthony Parish in St. Hyacinth Church,

295 Brown St., Westbrook

Sat. May 29th, 2010

Viewing 10:00 -- 12:00

Funeral Service at 12:00

Reception down stairs immediately following.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Hello Andrew,

Welcome to the club. I hope that as your life settles down you continue to join in with the club and our activities.

I will PM you with the rest.

BarnStormer

Hello,

I am Eric and Andrew's dad and I too would like to than everyone for the outstanding show of support. I'm sure Eric would appreciate all the love and concern the community has shown as much as Andrew, myself and the rest of Eric's family do.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Welcome David.

Eric was a valued member of the club. And will not be forgotten by us.

There is nothing that I can write that can encompass my condolences to You, Andrew, and the rest of your family.

Mighty Subie

ok so I didn't see this due to being in Florida, but Pedro just showed this to me. I didn't read this whole thread and pardon me if any of this has already been said.

I have been talking to one person on here about what he needs to do to get his concealed carry permit. I am not saying that carrying a gun is best for everyone but had Eric had one, maybe we would have been reading about some moron attacking Eric and ended up getting himself shot with Eric being able to walk away from this. Carrying isn't a person being aggressive or going out and looking for a fight, it's just knowing that you have the ability to end a confrontation and/or save someone's life.

He should never have had to have been put in the situation where he is outnumbered and being threatened, but (judging on the area and the time it happened) alcohol was probably consumed by those guys prior and then they would get into a mob-mentality and sure making rude comments to a girl who's walking with her boyfriend/husband/friend seemed like a good idea and then it would progress from there. Totally stupid.

Sorry for this sounding disjointed, but i'm on my lunch break and need to head back to work. See everyone later.

Taiden

Welcome Andrew and David,

I won't be able to make it to the service sadly, so I will say a few words here.

I didn't know Eric as well as I wish I had, but we used to chat on facebook about cars every week or so. I first met him at UMF, the radio station (that he was so invested in) was giving away six free Cake concert tickets. Well, I had five friends who wanted to go but we had no money... so we decided to win all six tickets. What we did was sit in our dorm room waiting for the signal (when a Cake song came on the station)... we had about 12 phones available all with the number ready to go. When the song came on we would call with all twelve phones until we were the seventh caller. Using this tactic we won all six tickets.

Eric was great, the first time he laughed at how six people came to pick up one ticket.

The second time he laughed again at how the same six people came to pick up another ticket.

The third time he first looked at us in disbelief, and then laughed yet again. He must of thought we were clever and mischievous.

The fourth, fifth and sixth time he just expected it. "Oh, so you're here to pick up your sixth ticket? Well, I'll see you guys this weekend!"

He ended up driving in the UMF bus to the concert. I learned about his love for cars which was a huge relief to me because no one at UMF was into cars like I was, until I met Eric.

We connected on the subject of four and two wheeled vehicles.

After that day we would chat every now and then. One time he asked me if I wanted to go to Canada for an amateur rally, but I couldn't go because I was at school in Charlotte, NC. He offered to provide a car for me to drive... (perhaps the leggy?)

I wish I had gone though, it would have been a blast.

I am so sad for what happened to Eric. There is no one in this world who deserved that less than Eric.

I know that in his heaven he is completely sideways at full lock in a boosted Subaru slinging dirt at spectators and spending time with his family and friends who passed before him.

I wish you and your family health and tranquility in this rough time...

HR radness

His royal radness
I only met him once but I remember him a being a very nice guy. I have a set of RS axles and a bunch of other RS parts for the legacy build if need be. I'm also in for a decal.

rsalomon13

As expected charges have been upgraded to manslaughter, knowing the assailant is being held responsible for this hopefully can offer some level of relief to Eric's family and friends. I know it makes me feel better, albeit slightly, about this horrible situation.

ReZPunK

Welcome David, you can blame me for giving both Eric and Andrew the Rally Bug
default_wink.png

I look forward to racing in his place in the Formula Vee. I look forward to working on it and helping you guys carry on.

04fxt

I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry.

To Eric's family: If you need any help with the car, I'm a veteran mechanic and welder/fabricator, so if you need anything mechanical done please let me know. I am more than willing to work hard for a good cause.

-Luke

Latest posts

Back