Saab 900

Stein

Stein
Why not do both?

Keep the wide-ass wheels for auto-x and get the Super Aero triangles for rally-x.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I bet the wheels have spacers. Those look like factory minilites and those were tucked.

I wouldn't run Aero wheels for rallyX, I would run the multi spoke wheels as there isn't a structural gap to bend. The 900S wheels are on the soft side, but with gravels they should be good.

GClark

I'm back, pics in a little bit. The wheels are not on spacers, they are these: http://www.wheelstudio.com/view-wheel/xxr-wheels/xxr-513-black-with-machined-lip

And I don't know what I'm going to do with fartcan, I hate the way it looks, so I'm looking for something else.

I'm pretty meh right now about. The engine is very strong, but the transmission grinds when I try to put it in second gear. There's two holes in the floor that need to be fixed, and it's needs a brake booster. I think I'm going to keep it, it looks pretty cool, but I'm kinda
default_rolleyes.gif
right now.

i-wagon

if you want to part with it, i'll work with you on a price. a guy i work with wants one for his vanagon, and i'd like a hks fart can on my car

Meyagi

I'm a hack
I'm back, pics in a little bit. The wheels are not on spacers, they are these: http://www.wheelstudio.com/view-wheel/xxr-wheels/xxr-513-black-with-machined-lip
And I don't know what I'm going to do with fartcan, I hate the way it looks, so I'm looking for something else.

I'm pretty meh right now about. The engine is very strong, but the transmission grinds when I try to put it in second gear. There's two holes in the floor that need to be fixed, and it's needs a brake booster. I think I'm going to keep it, it looks pretty cool, but I'm kinda
default_rolleyes.gif
right now.
theres a c900 im my buddys junkyard i might be able to hook you up with some parts from...... Its a manual trans too....

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Gotta finesse the 2nd shift. Get/make a solid front engine mount and it will be better.

Ty Ty

4x114.3 on that vintage 900.

Bugger. I knew some older Saabs ran 4x108, just wasn't sure which...must be the 9000's. Had some nice strong wheels that would have worked for rallyx.

Last edited by a moderator:

jsidik

I may have a set of the stock aluminum wheels. They're 15's and I think they'll fit your car. Let me know if you're interested. Also I will be taking the motor/transmission our of my 92 in a few weeks. It's the 2.1 N/A motor, so some transmission parts may work with yours. I had that same problem with 5th, and reverse. Those cars have very week shifting linkage. I talked with a mechanic at the dealer and he said there are some adjustments you can do to help the popping. I never looked into it though.

saabman

1988 - 1993 C900s have 4x108, so they share wheels with 9000s. It is possible to transfer spindles and brakes from a latter car to an earler one. Often done to get a rear action e-brake and better bolt pattern.

Chris

P.S. I run 4x114.3 on my Sonett (OEM is 5x170)

GClark

Thanks mikey, you have a pm coming you way. ^^^That's one of the things on my list to do Pedro, I heard it was a great upgrade.

So here's my list:

Seats

Dash

Brake Booster

Exhaust from the Downpipe back

Fix the Rust

Aim the Headlights

Headliner

Get a new Transmission/ or fix it

After all that, the car will be ready to roll.

Pics

I forgot to change the shutter speed, so they all came out way to bright...

saab012.jpg

saab006.jpg

saab010.jpg

Moar pics to come today

Video of exhaust: It was at night, that's why it's dark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuvUc-K2UK4

GClark

Copy Paste from my build thread

Things that are getting fixed:

Interior:

New Seats, my current ones are terrible

New Dash

New Headliner

Exterior:

Rust on the front fenders, rear fenders, and two spots underneath

Replace front fenders, fix rear, and fix the floor spots

New Bulbs and Glass on the fog lights

SPG molding

Engine:

Everything is good!

Transmission:

2nd gear grinds so I'm just going to replace it.

Everythings else is fine

Suspension:

Super Aero wheels eventually

Shocks and Springs are fine

Brakes:

Needs a brake booster, it feels like I'm doing a leg press everytime I press the brakes

Exhaust:

Fart can will be going! I'm getting a 2.5in custom exhaust from the turbo back.

Here's a quick vid of it sounds like right now. It was taken last night, that's why it's dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuvUc-K2UK4

Eventual Mods:

Bigger turbo

Bigger Injectors

Volvo FMIC

CAI

Lowering Springs

Short Throw Shifter

That's it for now! Will update with lots of pics as I progress through this mess.

If you have any of things I listed for sale, PM me!

Also, this car will be for sale on craigslist. I'm going to keep fixing it, but if I get what I paid for it, I'll let it go.

I was lied to about the condition of the car, and I'm upset at guy that sold it to me right now. But, I am upset at myself more for buying it. "You live and learn."

Stein

Stein
Too bad about selling it already.

Anyway, why are you going with a front-mount? In my eyes, FMICs are for on-road racing, whereas TMICs are much better suited for off-road racing. If you hit a bump wrong, your FMIC could get damaged. You'll have rocks and crap flying down there as well. If its up on top of the hood, there's a lot less chance for damage.

GClark

Well, it already has a fmic on it. The Volvo's is just bigger. As long as you don't plow into something, you should be fine.

Latest posts

Back