Saab 900

Stein

Stein
Yeah I figured, didn't remember seeing a hood vent/scoop but was too lazy to look
default_biggrin.png

saabman

Why would you invest all that time and money fixing/modding the car only to sell it. I thought you bought it to do motorsports in.

Chris

GClark

Well, I plan on keeping it, but if someone wants to buy if for what I'm asking, then I will let it go. It's going to take a lot more work to make this stickerable then I was told.

smosh

I don't know how laws would translate from CT to ME...but if you purchased a car in Maine, and it can't be stickered, don't you have recourse against the seller, i.e., they have to take it back? Of course, possession (of your money) is 9/10 of the law, so to speak, but a nice little small claims suit would get his attention. Maybe laws are similar in CT?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I'm guessing it was sold as is where is on the bill of sale. Which means it doesn't matter if it takes a sticker or not.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
and again, ill chime in LOL

Ive got my old volvo fmic from my 242, its up for grabs. I also have made intercooler pipes once or twice in my day
default_biggrin.png

If you want me to look it over and give you a list of what it needs for a sticker with no bs, lmk, ive got my insp. license.

you can go quite a bit bigger on the turbo without changing the injectors too, my clutch started to slip before i ran out of injector on my 900, i had a 2.0N/A fuel pressure regulator, which was supposed to raise the fuel pressure but that was it for fuel system mods.

Trans = not easy to change, its the bottom of the motor.... hahah theres a big chain that connects the motor to the trans, and the trans is the oil pan..... Only Saab would come up with a mickey mouse idea like that! The only bonus is that the clutch is relatively easy to change, but god forbid you have troubles on the front(back) of the motor where the belts are, your F'ed theres no room to work....

GClark

Thanks Mikey, you have another PM coming your way. You defiantly make me feel better about buying it, except for the tranny(****ing swedes...), it's the rust and rot that really concerns me. Over all, it's pretty good, but I wasn't looking to repair this much rust. I have had quite a lot of interest from people already with it being for sale for only a few hours, well see what happens. If it sells, I'll buy another one, but I'm going to make sure I know exactly what I'm getting. You live and learn is my new motto.

saabman

Another benefit of the chain drive is you can intermix sprockets from various years. Turbo cars typically have "short" finals, and if you want to maximize highway cruising you can put in the primary gears from a NA car.

I bought my black SPG for $500 and put a lot of TLC in to it. I drove it for 4 years. There was a lot wrong with it when I got it, but I guess I went in with my eyes open. Had a pretty nice car when all was said and done.

As far as the dash. I find the COLD weather cracks them not hot. So you can get uncracked dashes out of the south.

Chris

GClark

Thanks Chris,

She needs a lot of TLC, but I'm willing to put the time and $$$ into her to make her new again. I just feel like for the money I spent on it, I should have got one that was in better condition.

Stein

Stein
Thanks Mikey, you have another PM coming your way. You defiantly make me feel better about buying it, except for the tranny(****ing swedes...), it's the rust and rot that really concerns me. Over all, it's pretty good, but I wasn't looking to repair this much rust. I have had quite a lot of interest from people already with it being for sale for only a few hours, well see what happens. If it sells, I'll buy another one, but I'm going to make sure I know exactly what I'm getting. You live and learn is my new motto.
You may as well raise your asking price... If you can make a bit of money out of it, go for it, but it sounds like at this point breaking even isn't worth selling the car.

GClark

Well, I said 1,000 on craigslist, since I had drive all the way to Connecticut to get it. I already have a bunch of interest in it, in fact one guys wants to come get Thursday! I told him everything that's wrong with it, and he still wants it. It does look pretty damn aggressive and I got a lot of thumbs up driving it back. It truly is one of a kind. Heh

Last edited by a moderator:

GClark

I decided to keep it for it now. Now that I think about it, the rust is not too bad for a 26yr old car, and I don't mind the look pf it. One car for offroad/function and one car for show.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
From our BS'in around on facebook, I think the rust is to be expected for an older car and even though I haven't seen it, it sounds fixable. I think we can get you patched up easy before the summer is over. The rest is just bolt on stuff. e z p z

Ty Ty

Old cars rust, it just happens. My Audi has a galvanized body, and it has rust. Nice thing about metal...it's always fixable.

GClark

I was just so upset at the guy for lying to me, that I wanted to see that thing out of my sight. Now, I realize it's not that bad, and there's enough things right with it to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
And I'm sure there are a few people on here that can help with welding in patches!!!

Latest posts

Back