Saab 900

GClark

Yes!! I'm making sure this is done right the first time, so this Saab will last a long time.

saabman

Does it have lower a-arm rot, if so you would be well served by an outfit in Rhode Island that makes weld in patch kits to fix it. Very robust and I highly recomend them. I have installed the kits on two different cars with great results.

Chris

GClark

I got an offer on the Saab today, and I think I might take it.(It's a lowball, but I would like it out of the yard.) This Saab needs a lot of work, more then I wanted to do.

So I'm either going to buy another in-better-condition 900, there's a Subaru 1979 gl for sale in Southern Maine that I wouldn't mind owning, or get a motorcycle. Some kind of cafe racer bike, I love those ones.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Is it a 1979 GL wagon? I think I have seen it on USMB. Has some rust, but not too bad for a Maine car.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
giving up already? that's too bad. I kinda liked the looks of the car. and if I didn't have a little one on the way and a wife out of work for 5mo I would probably pick it up from you.

GClark

Giving up already? that's too bad. I kinda liked the looks of the car. and if I didn't have a little one on the way and a wife out of work for 5mo I would probably pick it up from you.
It needs a lot of work. I'd say another 3 grand at least to get it stickerable. I wasn't planning/didn't want to put that much money into when there are better cars out there for $2k. I'll have another some day, they are really fun cars. And I also liked the looks of it, the Saab pulled of the mexi poke wheels very wheel.

And yes, it's the one on USMB. Seems like a good deal, 80,000 miles on a 31 year old car is pretty rare.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
That's cool. I used to be on there a lot, but now I just look a lot, and sell stuff!! My shed is full of old Subaru stuff!!

GClark

Rust repair on the driver, passenger, and under the rear seat floor pans, on the side skirts, on all four fenders, and on the rear wheel fender wells.<-- that's what I have seen from just getting under it, haven't put it on the lift yet. New exhaust, seats, new transmission, headlights, rear lights, tires, and doors. Now that last list can be had for pretty cheap, it's the rust repair that is going to be mucho money. It's really bad. It might be worth it if I had a welder/could weld so the rust repair would be free, but labor would be a ton to have someone do it.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
new seats? There are cheapo repair kits for the sagging seat bottoms. any independant saab place will have them. I thought your trans issue was a synchro one? no?

Latest posts

Back