The Official MS Bike Talk Thread - motors need not apply

mikebike357

Haha... I did a 25 miler yesterday evening. It was downright cool in some spots once I got out of Portland. It's hot as balls today. I didn't even go out for lunch today.

4WRXter

Skier!
This coming Sunday, June 3? I don't have a calander, my wife and I are going to do some mtn biking. We are either going to East Burke, VT or Bradbury. Burke is our first choice. There will probably be a couple (at least) other people from here going with us. If anyone cares to join us.........

My wife and I are pretty slow, the other guys are pretty fast. So we could break off into a couple of groups or whatever. We usually ride some in the morning, get some lunch, and go back out for awhile in the afternoon. It doesn't have to be a dawn to dusk balls out thrash, unless you want to do that.

Hit me here for further info or call me at my shop, 864-2100

prez25rs

Cool burke is nice, i used to go up there every winter to go skiing. You should drive up to bar harbor to do your biking though >
default_redface.gif

ruggedman

Cool burke is nice, i used to go up there every winter to go skiing. You should drive up to bar harbor to do your biking though >
default_biggrin.png
Ahh horsecrap, Orono has the best trails i've seen in Maine. A whole day of riding easily in some of the toughest XC singletrack you'll find. Bring your bike up the weekend of the auto-x Mikey...if i have a riding parter I'll go out riding after the auto-x.

Bar Harbor is sick for All Mountain riding when the park isn't busy and you can bike the hiking trails that you're not supposed to be on
default_biggrin.png
;D

ShagginWagon

I rode bradbury yesterday. it's nice. But 12hrs of it is brutal...
Yeah, I'll probably do it with 3-4 others, cutting it down to 2-3 laps. The trails are in great shape!

Back up there tonight if anyone wants to ride the course.... ;D

ShagginWagon

I'd do it if I weren't in such terrible shape.
Ride the course and see what you think- it's all on the Knight's woods side, so no mountain climbing. I'm in fairly awful shape as well- I think it will be more social than competitive for me.
default_wink.png

Jimbo

Nice - I'll throw in, too, although I only have the one bike. Wifey bought me a 2007 Specialized Hard Rock Sport (disc brakes) for the wedding. Like a combo gift, because I had to buy and mount a tow hitch for a hitch-mounted bike rack
default_wink.png

Going for my first real ride tonight in Portland - Hinckley Park or something?

Runnah

Are there jumps and crazy log rides and stuff? Is it a fast course or a mellow pedaler? I have the rally-x sunday so I might be prepping the car all day saturday but I I don't go I'll deff check it out and I might bring a buddy.

ShagginWagon

Nice - I'll throw in, too, although I only have the one bike. Wifey bought me a 2007 Specialized Hard Rock Sport (disc brakes) for the wedding. Like a combo gift, because I had to buy and mount a tow hitch for a hitch-mounted bike rack
default_wink.png

Going for my first real ride tonight in Portland - Hinckley Park or something?
Are you going on the Rage ride? Have fun and say hi to the guys for me. 5:30 at the Highland ave lot.

ShagginWagon

Are there jumps and crazy log rides and stuff? Is it a fast course or a mellow pedaler? I have the rally-x sunday so I might be prepping the car all day saturday but I I don't go I'll deff check it out and I might bring a buddy.
It's a nice mix. You may want to take the map from the B12 site. It covers the best trails.

Jimbo

As for the Rage ride, my friend and I got there too late. We just hit that website for the first time today, so we were lucky to even have the map with us. There were THREE other impreza wagons, though >
default_smile.png
(proud to say that mine seemed to be the only rex out of 'em).

We figure we did about six or seven miles by the time we got done; his ride computer crapped out sometime after he tacoed his front tire, poor guy.

We didn't find one dead-end trail there...although we went in with Rage's map - a BIG help. I think we're gonna take a run at Bradbury next Tuesday, in case anyone's interested.

mikebike357

Did you see the sign at Hinkley that says "NO BIKES"?? i noticed it the other day as I rode by.

I like the trails that start over by Ft. Williams, hooks onto the Greenbelt and then over into Robinsons Woods. Nice stuff. I like it cuz I can ride from my house.

ShagginWagon

Did you see the sign at Hinkley that says "NO BIKES"?? i noticed it the other day as I rode by.

I like the trails that start over by Ft. Williams, hooks onto the Greenbelt and then over into Robinsons Woods. Nice stuff. I like it cuz I can ride from my house.
Yeah, the club is in discussions with Cape E to see what we can do about that- looks promising. For now, we're just ignoring it.

Pedro, the map for hinckley is at http://www.ragemtb.com/mainiacs/hinkley.html I think the best way to learn the trails is to come for a ride, tho.

Latest posts

Back