'04 Forester XT!!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Finally ordered a newer auto Forester driveshaft for this. So I'll have one that fits right, and doesn't make bad noises and vibrations.

IBratmanI

Driveshaft showed up today, looks great. I'll install it this weekend after my trip to Gloucester tomorrow to go deep sea fishing with some friends!

IBratmanI

Well I didn't get the driveshaft installed till today. I was surprised to see that the small bolts that bolt the rear flange of the driveshaft to the pinion flange of the rear diff, were all loose. I am the one who installed the last driveshaft, and I know I didn't leave them loose. The only thing I can think of is, with the DCCD set for running primarily RWD, maybe the shock load cause them to loosen up over time. have never launched the car or anything like that, but it's the only thing that makes any sense to me.

IBratmanI

A little lock tite will fix that!!!
That's a definite possibility. I'm just gonna keep an eye on them for now. I have done many transmission jobs, and other various jobs with removing the driveshaft, and never found them loose before, so it was just a bit of a surprise.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
To prevent this again, get 4 new lock washers. Chances are yours are just old and flattened, not locking anymore. It's worth a few cents not to have it come loose.

IBratmanI

Yeah already got it covered. The ones that are on there are actually in great shape, that's why it's odd to me.

IBratmanI

So I figured I'd post a recent pic of this at it's new home in New Mexico

66972_4626265331049_1223303398_n_zps688cdb9a.jpg

Latest posts

Back