07 2.5i-wagon

i-wagon

Got my axleback flange roughed out today. Got the center hole and bolt holes drilled, traced a gasket with the plasma, just need to smooth it all up and wait for extra income to buy muffler and such

i-wagon

Well I was hoping to leave the imp parked for a while after my surgery, I was told my wrist would hurt like hell for a while and I figured shifting might suck. Figured I'd change the oil in my Blazer today and grease the front end, but, on my way home from the dump with it first started slipping. Exactly the reason I hate slush-o-matic transmissions

i-wagon

yay messed up wrist. Started my car the other day, still cant manipulate the shifter. Going to drive it tomorrow and make the woman shift :p exhaust stuff coming some time that isn't long from now

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

Thanks. I drove today, 5th and reverse suck a bit, other than that not bad. Closing the hatch sent pain to my elbow though. But I'm also only 5 days out from surgery. Looking at better floor mats and maybe actual rally armor later on

i-wagon

Hosed out my wheel Wells and looked in there with a flashlight today, some surface rust starting. Hoping I can get a helper this weekend and get that taken care of. Bought this baby brand new and despise any kind of rust. Plus I plan to make the chassis go to at least 200K.

i-wagon

Attacking wheel well rust today, and the light bar is off until I either sand and paint it or build a new one. Have to much to do for how gimpy I am ATM

i-wagon

Wheel Wells redid, stainless flowmaster tip salvaged off the cherry bomb setup, flared and ready to be welded on, just don't feel like dragging the giant stick welder out of the barn. Not too bad for what time I had

Oh yeah, we managed to put a jack stand almost through my floor. Apparently that reinforced area of "frame" or unibody under the rear floor won't hold the car up. We beat it into submission with a huge splitting maul. And I have a blown strut, those rear struts were only year and a half old. Roads suck (and I work for a highway department)

inski

yeah, something has to be done about lake street.

Sorry about your floor cave in.  I've always wanted to weld on some load spreaders under my older Imprezas.  A couple (4)  pieces of 1/4 inch steel from the 'frame' rail out to the pinch welds ought to do it.

i-wagon

I might do something this summer, I'd line to box in that frame to stiffen it up a bit. Right now I'm more concerned with suspension and why I keep killing struts

i-wagon

My mystery noise is back again. Came back when when undercoated the wheel Wells. All we did was jack the car, remove tires, undercoat, put tires back on, moved the muffler in the hangers.up front I tightened a clamp on the intake, found I'd left the prop rod out of the catch, and battery tie down was not quite tight. I'm still getting transmission noise resonating from somewhere, not sure if sliding muffler over is making something rub, got mud up behind a heat shield or what. Last time it went away on it's own. Oh yeah gear oil is fine. And something is rattling in my side skirt behind my butt. To make things more frustrating I also have a blown strut, no money, and have been sick on top of having wrist surgery. Going to drive it till it pops and either fix it or light or on fire

Also have a sleight slick or clunk from front right while turning the wheel at low speed, would that be the strut mount? That's the side that took the beating from the frost heave (trench really) only does it once per direction change

i-wagon

Put on the Hellas from Caleb after stripping them and repainting, reassembled with stainless screws and lock nuts. I didn't realize how much louder the Hella ones are, even though the solecci clones claim to be louder. Tone is different, the clones were almost just like stock but louder and harsher. Hellas are kinda deeper

i-wagon

wow, 57 guests viewing this topic. I feel special. obnoxious transmission feedback noise issue resolved. the exhaust mount that bolts to the tranny was loose. and somebody might have stripped that bolt with an impact gun. went with a smaller bolt, thru-bolted and the noise went away. also tacked on my stainless exhaust tip from my previous exhaust setup

i-wagon

So, either something is ninja rattling or the front diff is ready to pop. I laid under this thing for an hour Friday checking everything I could see for a source of the rattle and wine I hear. Going to auburn later to take Joel for a ride to see what he thinks

i-wagon

Finally got the woman convinced I should have a truck, car for sale, probably the Blazer will be too

i-wagon

so...i started stripping this down today in case i traded it. took off the rally flaps and snow tires, changed the axleback back to stock. took it for a ride and all the noise i heard was gone. we'd suspected that it was an exhaust rattle somewhere that was making the tranny feedback sound, but i didnt really believe it until about 20 minutes ago. going to drive it a while before i change the ad in 4sale

Latest posts

Back