2001 Forester L 5 speed $1800 OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

GClark

Daddy wants to sell the forester before it makes him file bankruptcy. New engine, transmission, more work than any Subaru should ever need. 

05RSKID

If this is still around in a few weeks I might be interested. But at that price im sure she will sell soon

05RSKID

My roommate might be interested in this and might be emailing you, he just joined the forum.  Hows the sub frames front and rear?

dantastic717

I'm definitely interested in this but I have a few more questions.  How are the head gaskets on it?  Is it burning any oil and are the tires still good?  Also how bad is the clutch slipping?

05RSKID

Roommate^^^^^^^^^
default_smile.png

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I'm definitely interested in this but I have a few more questions.  How are the head gaskets on it?  Is it burning any oil and are the tires still good?  Also how bad is the clutch slipping?
Full disclosure: I don't daily drive this car, however it was daily driven by my friends mom in NH until she didn't want to spend the money to fix the clutch to get it inspected. The engine runs well, I drove it from Westbrook to Harpswell, no overheating or any of the nonsense, and there isn't any oil consumption that I am aware of (just checked the oil the other day after running it for awhile, and it was at the full line). The tires are fine, and will get you by for a while. I have some spare rubber I could include for free with the sale if you're interested. The clutch is slipping very much (this is the reason for the lowball $1000 asking price), but it goes into gear, and shifts fine. The car just needs someone who doesn't mind fixing it up to daily drive. I am not interested in the car anymore as a project, as I have three others (which are basically projects), and it is difficult as it is to keep up 3 cars at once!

Any other questions, feel free to text me or PM me 207-219-34 two four, I can usually show the car on the weekends.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Car sold to Dan up in Orono; good luck with it, and enjoy it man. She has plenty of life left in her!

Thread can be locked/closed, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back