2007 WRX transmission, rear diff, etc

Trevor723

Have just completed the swap in my car... now have the following for sale from my car. 2007 WRX wagon, 51,5xx miles. Bone stock it's entire life.

1. Transmission

2. Rear differential

3. Clutch slave cylinder

4. Clutch disc/pressure plate

5. Flywheel

ALL SOLD

Male style wagon/GC length front axles available as well if needed. (some extra $$)

Last edited by a moderator:

Trevor723

Maybe I'll just sell it to Joel to use for warranty replacement..
default_woohoo.gif

As long as someone buys it to fund my turbo install/tune I'll be happy.

Trevor723

I already own the turbo and got it for dirt cheap... I'm really going for a response driven setup anyway. Trust me I ran a FP Green with tmic on my STI and it was a total blast so I know you're right, I'm just attempting (probably failing) to keep this build a bit more civilized.

Trevor723

Install price I'm not 100% sure on... I had M+A do the following: trans, diff, front axles, clutch, turn + install flywheel, slave cylinder, TiC klunk killer bushings, TiC Holy Shift, turn rotors + install pads, and spark plugs and it was just over $850. I supplied my own fluids.

Here goes the painful part:

Diff I got off ebay from a wrecked 04 auto Forester XT for $340 shipped. I bought the trans on NASIOC from a dude who said it occassionally would grind going into 4th and 5th at high rpm for $550 + $75 for a new slave cylinder and the STI braided clutch line. I had it inspected then rebuilt with all new synchros, which meant updated (upgraded) hubs for 3/4 and 5/R plus a couple seals. Rebuild, parts, and 4 qts Motul Gear300 + 1qt Redline synchromesh was ~$1100. Clutch I pieced together.. brand new exedy stage 2 pp, brand new ACT organic disc, and the previously mentioned reconditioned ACT 13.9lb flywheel for ~$500. I also had to swap to female front axles which cost me another $150. Add in Group N trans mount... $70? I don't remember.

Oh yea and I drove to Washington DC and back to pick up the trans when it was complete, however much that is worth. It seems like a lot of money listing this all out, but I've been piecing this setup together for months and with the exception of the diff and the trans, which was completely refreshed, everything is zero miles parts.

You can all laugh at me now for not doing a used six speed + parts for more or less the same cost
default_biggrin.png
but I'm pretty thrilled with the car as it is, and I know full well what it will be like with another 100 or so whp.
default_biggrin.png

SUBARUDE

I bet you can't say that 10 times fast again

install price i'm not 100% sure on... I had m+a do the following: Trans, diff, front axles, clutch, turn + install flywheel, slave cylinder, tic klunk killer bushings, tic holy shift, turn rotors + install pads, and spark plugs and it was just over $850. I supplied my own fluids.
Here goes the painful part:

Diff i got off ebay from a wrecked 04 auto forester xt for $340 shipped. I bought the trans on nasioc from a dude who said it occassionally would grind going into 4th and 5th at high rpm for $550 + $75 for a new slave cylinder and the sti braided clutch line. I had it inspected then rebuilt with all new synchros, which meant updated (upgraded) hubs for 3/4 and 5/r plus a couple seals. Rebuild, parts, and 4 qts motul gear300 + 1qt redline synchromesh was ~$1100. Clutch i pieced together.. Brand new exedy stage 2 pp, brand new act organic disc, and the previously mentioned reconditioned act 13.9lb flywheel for ~$500. I also had to swap to female front axles which cost me another $150. Add in group n trans mount... $70? I don't remember.

Oh yea and i drove to washington dc and back to pick up the trans when it was complete, however much that is worth. It seems like a lot of money listing this all out, but i've been piecing this setup together for months and with the exception of the diff and the trans, which was completely refreshed, everything is zero miles parts.

You can all laugh at me now for not doing a used six speed + parts for more or less the same cost
default_biggrin.png
But i'm pretty thrilled with the car as it is, and i know full well what it will be like with another 100 or so whp.
default_biggrin.png

Trevor723

I was only down 1 mpg (23.6, compared to 24.x every single tank I've ever tracked) on this tank which was mixed driving. However, I only drive 65-70 on the highway now instead of 75-80. Tis ok, I'm patient.

Latest posts

Back