98 RS coupe $4000

Nice looking unicorn, do you still have the swapped one?
Yep. No plans to sell that one. I've had it for a while and put it away in the winters to save it from rust.

I'm just really frustrated with this one right now. I fixed all the rust and dents, it looked decent for a few weeks then the door peeled and the head gaskets are going. If somebody wants it, I'm selling it.

I'm down to driving winter beater #2 now, my Suzuki Samurai.

urabusturbo

I'm more interested in the Samurai. I hesitated on buying a wicked solid tin top a few weeks ago and it was gone by the time I went back. Someday I will have one, so much cooler than any jeep imho.

With the care you put into your swapped RS I'm sure this is definitely worth the money. Norms goes crazy on their prices, that RS isn't even safe to run.

If I had the cash I would buy this as a winter car for myself.

I'm more interested in the Samurai. I hesitated on buying a wicked solid tin top a few weeks ago and it was gone by the time I went back. Someday I will have one, so much cooler than any jeep imho.
I'm planning on keeping the samurai for the winter and selling it sometime next spring. I'm going to order a new F150 with the aluminum body and won't need the Samurai any more. I still need the Samurai to plow the driveway for now. Body tub is rusted in all the usual spots, but with an antique plate and no inspection needed, who really cares? Frame is great, runs good. Will come with 5 foot plow and a small utility trailer too if you want it. New top, new tire. Going to want $2000 for it.

Without gold wheels and snows I'll take $1800. You'll get a set of 15" aluminum subaru wheels with decent tires.

For all you "I would buy it if it was a 5 speed" people for an extra $500 I will include an 02 wrx transmission. You'd have to source everything else needed for installation on your own and install it.

I'm probably going to pull the engine and do the head gaskets Sunday if the weather is ok since nobody has bought it yet.

More pics for those who asked. Sorry they are bad cell phone pics, my kids lost the memory card to our camera.

Update, I ended up dumping a lot of money into the car besides the new head gaskets.

Resealed the whole engine every gasket and seal is new.
New timing belt all the pulleys, tensioner and water pump.
New belts.

New oil pan.
New thermostat.
Tune up, plugs air and fuel filters, pcv and wires.
New oil pressure sensor.
Another new radiator, first new one was missing a mounting bracket.

The brace under the floor will be fixed next saturday.

The
paint flaking is a little worse with the cold we've had. The AC
compressor seems a little noisy so I unplugged it, may need one, may
not.

I'd need to get $4000 if I sold it now. I doubt anyone would pay that so I probably won't sell it. It runs and drives 100% now.

Last edited by a moderator:

I took a deposit on the 98 2.5 RS to be picked up next Saturday. The 95 coupe with the swap is still for sale.

Latest posts

Back