Another old Subaru-1990 Loyale build

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
Bought a parts car tonight. In terrible shape, but has a few good parts that are desirable. Now I must strip it, and then somehow get the shell to the junk yard to get some money back out of it.
Excellent! Terrible shape because of rust??

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Better not be the new car you've got us all exited about
default_sleep.png
haha
No! Still waiting on that one, no need to be too excited, I'm sure it won't be everyone's cup o' tea, but I'm excited anyway.
Excellent! Terrible shape because of rust??
Yes, very rusty. I knew the PO of the car, and when he got it 3 years ago it was too rusty to put on the road, but somehow he got a sticker on it for 2 years, then sold it to another guy, who beat the crap out of it, blew the auto tranny, swapped in a dual range 5 spd, and never really completed that project. It's rough, but has some parts(including the dual range)that will be good to have!
I'll get pics of it when it get's delivered on Saturday.

IBratmanI

No one wants to help strip parts of a rusty dirty car?! Lol, I don't blame you! This car is going to a friends garage tomorrow by trailer so that I can put a clutch in it. And the parts car will be here tomorrow morning! Really want to get that parted out quick, so that I can get the rusty body taken to the junkyard.

IBratmanI

That thing is pretty rough eh.
Yes quite. But it has a dual range, a bunch of interior parts I can use, a good motor, a roof rack, some good lenses/lights, and as long as the front crossmember is in decent shape, I will be keeping that for future use as well! Not exactly looking forward to stripping all the parts off of it though!

IBratmanI

Pulled off all the lenses, except the drivers side rear taillight, which is busted. Also pulled off the roof rack, center console trim, and a few other miscellaneous interior items. Found that the radiator had been filled with water, so that's frozen, which means the motor is possibly no good, which I don't care much about, but it would have been cool to sell it, or parts from it. Next step is to get the tranny removed, and probably the front crossmember with power steering rack and lines. Might remove the rear end assembly, and diff too, not sure yet. Probably will be on hold for a bit, till the weather clears up.

IBratmanI

Haven't been able to get any more parting out done. But I did receive a new timing belt kit, and exhaust gaskets for this today. Decided that it will be real easy to change the timing belts, tensioners, and cam seals while the engine is out for the cutch, and parts for this are so cheap, which is one of the reasons I love the older Subarus, cheap and simple! So hopefully within the next week or 2, I will get up to my friends shop some night after work, and get this thing going. Then I still have to wait for the "new" one to get here so that I can use the wheels and tires from that, because that one will not be using stock sized tires!

IBratmanI

Finally get some work done! 

Got the new clutch on the motor

774272_415164065224420_316609701_o_zps2c600a58.jpg

New throw out bearing on the tranny

774215_415164131891080_1424183729_o_zps13f25795.jpg

And started installing new timing belts, tensioners, idler, and oil seals

773597_415164235224403_1247595671_o_zpsa028065e.jpg

Everything went really well. This thing is in great shape, and nothing was even leaking too bad. Unfortunately we didn't get it finished. The timing belt kit came with 2 oil seals, so without even checking, we assumed they were both cam seals. Well one was a cam seal, and the other was the crank seal. Why would they send one cam seal?! But no biggie, my friend Burleigh got another one through Charlies and this thing might even be up and running today. 

Still waiting on the "new" car.....

burleigh1980

Ya werid how it moves now was sooo used to it revving the engine to move it lol i will own that car there's a reason i helped u out
default_tongue.png

Latest posts

Back