Another old Subaru-1990 Loyale build

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I also have a guy out west that went on the search for a set of rust free fenders for this car. The front fenders are the only rusty thing on this car, and it kills me to have a 99% rust free car. So I have been searching for fenders for quite a while with no luck, but this guy came forwarded and is getting some for me. He got a nice pair, and is working shipping them now. It will probably be pricey, but it's my only option. Hopefully I will have them soon. Then I will most likely have to paint them.

SUBARUDE

If the guy is anywhere near the new ride guy I would have him ship them to home and bring them across the country in the car less chance of them being folded in half during shipping

IBratmanI

If the guy is anywhere near the new ride guy I would have him ship them to home and bring them across the country in the car less chance of them being folded in half during shipping
Yeah I have already thought of that, but he isn't. And he is getting help from the Admin of USMB with the shipping, so they should be fine. Hopefully! 

IBratmanI

Just bought something pretty sweet for this. Someone was selling a complete 5 lug swap from an 89 XT6. This is a bolt on swap that turns an old 4x140 Subaru into a 5x100. This is mostly just for the rear. The front will be Legacy front hubs/knuckles, brakes, EA81 tie rod ends, and hybrid axles that I should be able to put together. So I will be able to run any 5x100 Subaru wheel after this swap is done. I'd really like 6 spoke RS wheels, but we'll see what happens.

I remember Chris saying something about the FWD axles used on my car almost being a hybrid between the axles used on the older generation and the new generation. 23 spline to the trans, 25 at the hub. Might work but the lengths also might be different.

IBratmanI

Yep. I could just use 93-94 FWD Impreza axles and they would bolt right in. Right length and right splines on both ends. Willing to donate?! Lol

If I could get a set of those for cheap, I'd do that. But I have Legacy axles, and Loyale axles, so I could combine them as well.

IBratmanI

These came today. They weren't cheap, due to shipping from out west, but they will make this car completely rust free. Just have to paint them.

20130323_171533_zps4ee3fdb5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

Subaru part brain fart....

Nm !! Thought this was the other car thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

So I found wheels for this once it's 5 lug swapped. Getting the 2 RS 6 spokes from Gabe with tires, and then getting the 3 good RS 6 spokes that Sooch has on his RS he is parting. Just have to wait till he can remove them. 

I'll also be getting a set of bugeye WRX front strut assemblies to go on the front of this, from Rad. Just have to wait till he is feeling better.

IBratmanI

So just got some news from the guy I'm getting the 5 lug swap from. He is going to try repacking the stuff in 2 smaller boxes. They wanted $263 for shipping! So it'll probably be next before it gets sent out now. It's ok, I'm still waiting on the other stuff anyway.

IBratmanI

So he was actually able to get them sent out today. Packed it all in 3 boxes and got the shipping down to $183. Still a lot, but glad he didn't get stuck with as much of a shipping bill. 

Latest posts

Back